Re: Intraday swinging strategy.

Jimmy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Welcome back Simon! We've missed your posts. Thanks for sharing your new updates :clap:
Thank You Jimmy. I wasnt really gone...I been lurking around and checking the daily downloads.

But mostly i been tweaking this tdi...will see how things go.
These users thanked the author simon_n3z for the post:
Jimmy
Check out my Intraday Swinging Setup - Updated Q4 2022... viewtopic.php?p=1295496595#p1295496595

RplusT wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 pm Not trying to interrupt your posts. But when I came across this version of TDI yesterday and the Kalman AGJW Channel Deez posted, I played with it today for a while. Seems a pretty good combination and I thought it is worthwhile to post it. Works in all TFs.
Greetings and thanks for the post, can you kindly, give me the name of the indicator on your chart, the one with the 3 red candles on the right or upload the indicator.

thanks in advance
Attachments

ahmadjohar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Greetings and thanks for the post, can you kindly, give me the name of the indicator on your chart, the one with the 3 red candles on the right or upload the indicator.

thanks in advance
Nothing special. It's a D1, H4 and H1 candle I use for direction. You can use other settings of course.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, sal, Trinisan

RplusT wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 pm Not trying to interrupt your posts. But when I came across this version of TDI yesterday and the Kalman AGJW Channel Deez posted, I played with it today for a while. Seems a pretty good combination and I thought it is worthwhile to post it. Works in all TFs.
Could U please post the indicator RT?? The yellow line one. I cannot see it in the forum or on the internet with a search of it..

Kind regards
YY

Well, after giving it long thought, and having analyzed and tried it out a bit, here is my treat for Valentines for you brothers...

Intraday Swinging Strategy - 2.0

I don't know what you might think at first glance, but I know what I found from experience with it. It SEEMS very simple and straight-forward to trade, but it is NOT.
I am including a few pics and instructions to guide you, some of you likely know them and they are perfectly clear logic to you, while the others WILL HAVE TO accept what is said AS THE WAY IT IS, because these are some of the fundamental things in trading.

1.First and foremost, you have to ACCEPT that the strategy is OSCILLATOR BASED (overbought/oversold levels mark the extremes the price is extended to - AND FROM ONE EXTREME is it commonly believed that the price will move to the other side).
**(Note: On a regular RSI(14) indicator this is usually a long process most times hitting about 69-70 at overbought and than a long boring untradable frustrating ride to oversold).
Here things are different...the (superawesome) TDI Averages by Mr.Tools is set to smaller/shorter (faster average) periods, thus giving us the highs and lows in the oscillator we are looking for.

BUY the LOW - SELL the HIGH ... right ? - yes.

Now let me address the issue of repainting: There is some repainting and false signals. Not nearly as much as YOU are EXPECTING right now, actually you will see that that is not really an issue at all. Usually the new bar will give you a signal, but IF YOU ARE SERIOUS, AND YOU are here TO SELL THE HIGHS AND BUY THE LOWS, (and you master what the indicators are telling you), YOU WILL BE IN YOUR TRADE on the current bar (before the new bar) at the extreme of the candle.

2.In addition to the TDI Averages indicator, is the zup_rsi_v48. ------Now this little sucker is pretty buggy and it repaints (but hey - no repaint - no exact indication of where things are). It is also an OSCILLATOR, but its a ZIG-ZAG osc. I have no idea how it works, but I set it up to my liking, and it gives good INDICATION of where things are. It is also a bit buggy, and there is a lot of inputs that are not used/don't work. A you use it, when it repaints or there is a new bar, you will see that the main line of the indicator does not move to the latest bar, or a few bars (and a few bars later it paints) or that the levels/zones -the red lines- (i think of them as SUPPORT and RESISTANCE, but also if you analyze carefully,the indicate how much the next (opposite swing has been DISCOUNTED/PRICED IN).
One the problem arises and the indicator is looking confused, (I included them) just refresh the appropriate template, and it will refresh.

Things to note and keep in mind... :

1.If you have not yet mastered it, or have any idea about it (TRADING PSYCHOLOGY) - you must read at least these 2 books and accept what you are being passed on as KNOWLEDGE:

1. Mark Douglas - The Disciplined Trader
2. Mark Douglas - TRADING IN THE ZONE

Read both, in the presented order - even better - try the setup first - but keep an eye on your technique and thoughts, and than read the books and see if things change. (Ok, spoiler alert, things will change after you read and understand both books).

Things to keep in mind:
-The setup i fast (short periods are used) - therefore at an extreme of the 15M chart there might be more action and movement in in the direction of the original swing. Even on the 1H chart it can happen. What you have to realize - AND THIS IS IMPORTANT - is that this is just and INDICATOR giving you an INDICATION of where things are on the oscillator. IT IS calculated per price and given periods, but - an extreme indication / or a signal in either direction - DOES NOT guarantee a movement in the said or opposite direction - instead (and now we repeat what we said) it INDICATES where things are on the OSCILLATOR, and YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE THEY ARE GOING NEXT - aka REVERSAL

Now with the swings things stand like this, depending on what time you trade and for how long there will be at least 2 swings...meaning price makes a high (for the day),
drops lower (from the high), and than makes a higher high for the day to finish up. The included iSessions indicator will show you this very clearly.

NOTE: I been testing and tweaking on GOLD (XAUUSD), where the swings are wide usually, and things are quite easy...I haven't looked at majors or indices nor do I plan to. I trade gold, period.

One thing I want you to take a look at, and it sorts is something to keep in mind and check out is the Daily and Weekly timeframes. So one you have the profile loaded and you see the 1H chart with TDI, and the 1H chart with zup_rsi_v48 switch to daily and weekly timeframes for further ideas about direction, AND REMEMBER its only an indication, not a sure thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a part 2 to this post with pictures and explanations for what each instance of the indicators is set up to show, and how to interpret them (for all charts) and actual examples. This will further help you with formulating an idea of when there is an actual opportunity present, and take the trade.

Included in the zip file are

profiles - just one, shows the exact setup i have
templates - all the windows you see when you load the profile + 1 extra template of 1H TDI (the middle one - the second one is faster)
Experts - just (the very nice and super useful) Make Money trade panel from Mladen - official forex-station.com release - thanks brother - the best (NOTE:default setting in NOT ECN BROKER)
Indicators - all that is needed

Separate zip: Sounds - to differentiate alerst from TDI's

the rest in the next update

EDIT: I forgot the TimeLines indicator....it is attached now
These users thanked the author simon_n3z for the post:
simontw
Check out my Intraday Swinging Setup - Updated Q4 2022... viewtopic.php?p=1295496595#p1295496595