Re: YEN Trading M1

USD was strong today, so no real trend, not all lining up so to say, but AUD, NZD and GBP could have been traded.

and they are like 3 pairs, AUD-NZD, GBP-EUR and USD-CAD, just additional info, if you did not know that, (geological reasons I guess)

FBI wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:44 pm USD was strong today, so no real trend, not all lining up so to say, but AUD, NZD and GBP could have been traded.

and they are like 3 pairs, AUD-NZD, GBP-EUR and USD-CAD, just additional info, if you did not know that, (geological reasons I guess)
I don't understand that. Who is like 3 pairs?
AUD pairs were good today.

I thought that it was clear what we are talking about here, because thread subject is: YEN trading, but I can write that JPY too if someone really needs it to understand.

AUD-JPY and NZD-JPY

GBP-JPY and EUR-JPY

USD-JPY and CAD-JPY

So these act very similar way, usually, like pairs, like twins.

Market opens first in NZD and AUD, they very often shows what EUR and GBP will do when EUROPE opens, and later when NORTH-AMERICA starts trading, USD and CAD follows.

Anyways, that is not so important, just take trades, when there is a real trend. Your charts will tell you when that happens.

FBI wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:44 am I thought that it was clear what we are talking about here, because thread subject is: YEN trading, but I can write that JPY too if someone really needs it to understand.

AUD-JPY and NZD-JPY

GBP-JPY and EUR-JPY

USD-JPY and CAD-JPY

So these act very similar way, usually, like pairs, like twins.

Market opens first in NZD and AUD, they very often shows what EUR and GBP will do when EUROPE opens, and later when NORTH-AMERICA starts trading, USD and CAD follows.

Anyways, that is not so important, just take trades, when there is a real trend. Your charts will tell you when that happens.
FX is always about currency pairs, but you meant the correlation of the pairs. NTL, I would see a high correlation across all tfs to the pairs (description referred to base currency):

AUDJPY-NZDJPY-CADJPY (the resource or commodity pairs),
GBPJPY-EURJPY (producing or anti-pairs to USD),
USDJPY (consumer).
CHFJPY (safe haven, both CHF and JPY are safe haven currencies, that's why the correlation of CHF to EUR is good and very stable and to USD can be high).