Re: Tsar - Dynamic Zone Trading System

friend4you wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 am

It's similar to keltner channel or bollinger, it's more flexible than a ma and I use it also as sl. There is much literature about bollinger bands.
Any opinion on smoothed Momentum indicator, guys?
smoothened momentum fits in tsars system with tdi
which are the settings that you use on it
i think zero crossover is more effective signal to trade with other system
how do you use it?
sometimes it does not cross zero line as anticipated and just touches zero line and bounces back, so using it in isolation , is it any way to filter it out?
faster momentum line crossover gives early exit from trend, so need to filter it out
Attachments

color changing oma with arrow

friend4you wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 am At the links I posted above above the adaptive mrtools version has rsx.
I use instead of TDI Bollinger bands 34 1,5 on smoothed momentum by setting calculated on "previous indicators data". These settings are well known with these settings on RSI or RSX. It's invented by Malone and called Traders Dynamic Index TDI as you know.
I posted several versions on that thread, but Momentum is faster. If atr-bands are broken and all momentum lines change direction, it's a good entry point.
Other indicators ONLY work together (if they aren't set to use data of previous indicator), if you put two indicators on same window with setting them on same max. highs and lows.
Mr.Tools x3 version has working alerts, but he does not post a free mq4-version, although mladen posted one without alerts as mq4. The x6 is like x3, but with 6 momentum lines like for trading crossing lines.
if this indicators can be converted to dynamic zone indicators with multiple momentum lines as it is in settings then they can be more useful, i think

rijay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm

smoothened momentum fits in tsars system with tdi
which are the settings that you use on it
i think zero crossover is more effective signal to trade with other system
how do you use it?
sometimes it does not cross zero line as anticipated and just touches zero line and bounces back, so using it in isolation , is it any way to filter it out?
faster momentum line crossover gives early exit from trend, so need to filter it out
All are waiting for tsar zip-files, so we can all test it.
The better way is bollinger bands around smoothed momentum than floating levels, also on tdi as they show borders of overbought better.
Use alingement of all three lines going up as long signal, 0 cross is too often in sideways. Compare it with TDI. Which settings do you all prefer?
TDI changes too early direction as as an rsi it just comapres bar length relatively. RSX is better.

friend4you wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 am

The better way is bollinger bands around smoothed momentum than floating levels, also on tdi as they show borders of overbought better.
Use alingement of all three lines going up as long signal, 0 cross is too often in sideways. Compare it with TDI. Which settings do you all prefer?
TDI changes too early direction as as an rsi it just comapres bar length relatively. RSX is better.
momentum indicator fits well with tdi in tsar system
tdi sometimes gives too many whipsaws too,
rsx is smoothened rsi, so will behave in line with rsi with filtering of whipsaws on rsi, still gets you out early in trending markets
dynaic zone adxm steddev adaptive indicator is more adaptive then rsx on faster settings and still keeps you in trend well till trend lasts, in trending market it is better filter with step oma mtf 2.3 of mladen then rsx ,see image
Attachments

friend4you wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 am

this indicator too has many indicator settings in it