The system is not a set of indicators

Hello people of other side of my computer. I want to share my opinion of systems. First of all I want to say that I am not a professional trader and I do not even know how to speak English correctly, because of this I leave here the opinion of a fool that I am.
Indicators. what will be the best indicator? I already tested hundreds of them. And what did I learn? Almost all indicators are good and it is unnecessary to look for more. And why is it that before some I thought they did not work and now I think they work? I studied the creator's ideology. Indicators work depending on their interpretation.
But indicators are not systems
People who create systems do not explain what the basic idea is, so what works for some does not work for others. So I'm going to explain the basis of my system without showing the system, because if the show does not mean that it will work and besides that I think it's not relevant.
System:
4 time frames for exemple: 5 min + 15 min + 1 hour + 4 hour
4 hour and 1 hour work together . I choose an indicator or couple of indicators that I like. Put the parameters to bring them closer to the results, Like 8 periods for the time frame 1 hour and 5 or 3 periods for time frame 4 hours. What I will look for in these indicators is to follow the trend.
15min is to measure retractions, but we can not interpret as retractions but rather reverse. I use a softer indicator than the indicator that defines the trend. What I'm going to look for in this indicator is reversals only. But looking for reverse means not following the trend. This indicator in this time frame is actually the most important. Has to be against the trend here, otherwise we can not take a good risk/benefit. For me this is the secret. Seems very basic and it is in reality. But as long as I gave no more importance to this detail than the indicators, the market was not so clear.
Finally 5min is only a trigger for entrys not more.
More a few things:
If we are going into reverse in a time frame and following trend in another, in fact with this type of system I do not even need indicators that measure the exhaustion of the market.
Of course I will still walk in my relentless search for miraculous indicators and systems created by others. Why? It seems that I like more about technical analysis than making Money.
I do not know what value this post can have, but if it does not make sense, say it goes delete
These users thanked the author Lithus Insanemind for the post:
areteus1

Re: The system is not a set of indicators

Lithus Insanemind wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:31 am Hello people of other side of my computer. I want to share my opinion of systems. First of all I want to say that I am not a professional trader and I do not even know how to speak English correctly, because of this I leave here the opinion of a fool that I am.
Indicators. what will be the best indicator? I already tested hundreds of them. And what did I learn? Almost all indicators are good and it is unnecessary to look for more. And why is it that before some I thought they did not work and now I think they work? I studied the creator's ideology. Indicators work depending on their interpretation.
But indicators are not systems
People who create systems do not explain what the basic idea is, so what works for some does not work for others. So I'm going to explain the basis of my system without showing the system, because if the show does not mean that it will work and besides that I think it's not relevant.
System:
4 time frames for exemple: 5 min + 15 min + 1 hour + 4 hour
4 hour and 1 hour work together . I choose an indicator or couple of indicators that I like. Put the parameters to bring them closer to the results, Like 8 periods for the time frame 1 hour and 5 or 3 periods for time frame 4 hours. What I will look for in these indicators is to follow the trend.
15min is to measure retractions, but we can not interpret as retractions but rather reverse. I use a softer indicator than the indicator that defines the trend. What I'm going to look for in this indicator is reversals only. But looking for reverse means not following the trend. This indicator in this time frame is actually the most important. Has to be against the trend here, otherwise we can not take a good risk/benefit. For me this is the secret. Seems very basic and it is in reality. But as long as I gave no more importance to this detail than the indicators, the market was not so clear.
Finally 5min is only a trigger for entrys not more.
More a few things:
If we are going into reverse in a time frame and following trend in another, in fact with this type of system I do not even need indicators that measure the exhaustion of the market.
Of course I will still walk in my relentless search for miraculous indicators and systems created by others. Why? It seems that I like more about technical analysis than making Money.
I do not know what value this post can have, but if it does not make sense, say it goes delete
Hi, as many times you have the feeling of playing time, without a sense, a profit, it's great to play, but the game is nice when it lasts little.

I completely understand you, Lithus. Beginners want to get delivered a ready system, some tips and opinions from others without understanding the basics. This is a recipe for disappointment - that's why over 90% of traders fail. The financial industry can paint their brains with some phrases that make sense on the first glance, but already on the second they are just bad. I guess, the most 'traders' never come to the point that you can interpret indicators in different ways. You are so far that you realized that it's equal what indicator you use, the simple one or the fancy one - when you have a plan the indicator must suit your plan, not res versa. Other things are much more important than the fanciness of an indicator, e.g. MM. Not to ruin the account is the first goal and you can have a really bad strategy but with a good MM you have problems to ruin it.

A multi-chart approach is really nice, many traders have. To see the bigger picture first is in most cases a good idea. It helps a lot to 'feel' the price action. Please go on posting your opinions.

I think news and all other finance relating major facts that shaking market are seen in higher TFs and cause as a result to form a trend - then there are big financial institutions known as big players are seen and felt in lower TFs,regular and continues vibrating market when they withdraw and or invest their power several times through out day,also known and estimated as false signaling
on the other hand as we all are retail traders i think the real,basic and main working TF that make us decide to enter/exit,is the lowest TF (including the indicator/s that is/are fixed and glued with price line) ,all next higher TFs and indicators with higher values are just to confirm if we are on the right side/direction
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:46 am I think news and all other finance relating major facts that shaking market are seen in higher TFs and cause as a result to form a trend - then there are big financial institutions known as big players are seen and felt in lower TFs,regular and continues vibrating market when they withdraw and or invest their power several times through out day,also known and estimated as false signaling
on the other hand as we all are retail traders i think the real,basic and main working TF that make us decide to enter/exit,is the lowest TF (including the indicator/s that is/are fixed and glued with price line) ,all next higher TFs and indicators with higher values are just to confirm if we are on the right side/direction
I agree. My entries to be in 5 min can see things that I can not see in higher timeframes. And I think that exploring the small consolidations that sometimes have a duration of 2 or 3 hours is being able to identify valid entrys and false breakouts. I must say that I am still a newbie. Everything I say may not be valid.