Re: MT4 Trading Systems (Old or new!) Please post here

And as the price action continues......still easy to see the bias. Also the current sideway movement.
Trade the break. Ignored my own advice on time today, wanting to trade what I expected and not what I saw....i.e. I went in to early expcting a break to the upside and sure enough it jumped right into my face. Will never do that again. Wait for the break to be established. There are plenty of opportunities.
Strictly follow the higher TFs.
Look where the blue circle with the white arrow is now. Just to make my point again. It is NOT trading signal.

Doesn't get better than that. 130 up and 230 down....for breakfast.....Keep it simple.
Just trying t demonstrate that a hundred Indicators on your charts so that you can't see the price action anymore, does not improve your trading.
One also does not need an indicator and three others to cofirm the first one. Follow the higher TFs. And choose a TF you fell comfortable to trade with.
I hope that makes sense to you.... :D

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
charli

RplusT wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:50 pm Sorry, just realized I'm using this version (1.03) of the Ribbon filled Indicator in the template. It's the same as 1.04. Without this the template will not work.
MA ribbon filled + shift 1.03 mtf nmc.mq4
Maybe you could do me a favour and tell me what the alternative entries in the indicator mean (period, shift and width are clear):
For example:
MA1method: How many numbers can I enter? What does each number stand for?
MA1price: How many numbers can I enter? What does each number stand for?
Attachments

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. This is a MA ribbon indicator with 2 MA lines being plotted. And the space inbetween is filled.
The simplest way to find out is to put it on the chart and then set some MA paramters like 99 / 21 and then change one or both and see what's happening.
It's not different than applying two separate MAs on the chart. But if you set both to the same number you'd of course see only one.

RplusT wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:47 pm Sorry, I'm a bit confused. This is a MA ribbon indicator with 2 MA lines being plotted. And the space inbetween is filled.
The simplest way to find out is to put it on the chart and then set some MA paramters like 99 / 21 and then change one or both and see what's happening.
It's not different than applying two separate MAs on the chart. But if you set both to the same number you'd of course see only one.
a) you didn't answer my questions - but never mind i looked it up on MQL5 and figured it out for myself!
MA1method: How many numbers can I enter? What does each number stand for?
MA1price: How many numbers can I enter? What does each number stand for?

b) you are wrong, of course, as you hopefully know.
If you use different MA_methods with the same period you get two different lines (e. g. EMA, SMA)
If you use different MA_price with the same period you get two different lines (e. g. open, close)

RplusT wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 pm Doesn't get better than that. 130 up and 230 down....for breakfast.....Keep it simple.
Just trying t demonstrate that a hundred Indicators on your charts so that you can't see the price action anymore, does not improve your trading.
One also does not need an indicator and three others to cofirm the first one. Follow the higher TFs. And choose a TF you fell comfortable to trade with.

TMA example6.JPG
thank you RplusT for your contribution. but can you please tell me how to set the band indi like yours ?

RplusT wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 pm Doesn't get better than that. 130 up and 230 down....for breakfast.....Keep it simple.

TMA example6.JPG
Does it repaint?

RplusT wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:09 pm And again, another simple way to trade. This time with the TMA (credit to Pacoise... :thumbup: )
By the way, I've turned into a huge fan of mLaden's Mano rounder Indicator. Just see for yourself. No explanation needed. Be aware that my settings are for Indices not forex pairs.

TMA example.JPG

TMA example.tpl
TMA.mq4
Mano Rounder.mq4
Hello admins, please can an EA be coded with this kind of system?