Re: MT4 Trading Systems (Old or new!) Please post here

Found an intersting System but the Trader doesnt tell what he is using.. he seems to use just 3 Simple MA's.. I figured out 2 MAs (I think) but cant find out the last one.

Maybe someone more knowledgable than I can figure it out!

Purple MA => 100 Expo
Gray MA => 10 Expo
Yellow MA => ?

His chart EUR/NZD 4Hour TF
My Chart EUR/NZD 4Hour TF
the Template I have made (so far)
Edit: If someone is interested.. the Trader is on forexfactory called "TheWolf"
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Tried something different to get a picture of direction and also trade Pullbacks

Used a Heiken Ashi mtf and set it to 1 TF higher and 2 TFs higher. Then you get this:

1 Minute chart: 5M and 15m
15 Minute chart: 30M and 60M
1 Hour chart: 4H and D1
Daily chart: W1 and M1

You can see easily the change of direction where the HA forms a Doji and get the big picture. On a daily chart you get the weekly and monthly for example. You can mark those at the Dojis and then move to a lower TF to see how it all falls in place. I find it very convenient.

1 Minute 15 Minutes 1 Hour Daily

Here are the template and the Indicators.
Please note, the Heiken you have to use like this: At "TimeFrame" you key in -1..(minus 1) for the next higher TF and -2 (minus 2) for the second higher TF.
I don't know how to convert that to ENUM so I help myself as shown.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 9):
Msquared, josi, Bbq Ribs, Mundu19, Knight, TransparentTrader, Hartl, Chickenspicy, Mickey Abi

RplusT wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm Tried something different to get a picture of direction and also trade Pullbacks

Used a Heiken Ashi mtf and set it to 1 TF higher and 2 TFs higher. Then you get this:

You can see easily the change of direction where the HA forms a Doji and get the big picture. On a daily chart you get the weekly and monthly for example. You can mark those at the Dojis and then move to a lower TF to see how it all falls in place. I find it very convenient.

1 Minute

15 Minutes

1 Hour

Daily

Please note, the Heiken you have to use like this: At "TimeFrame" you key in -1..(minus 1) for the next higher TF and -2 (minus 2) for the second higher TF.

#EZ Chart ArrZZx2.ex4
JJN-Fibo.mq4
TrendEnvelopes-alerts (mtf).mq4
heiken_ashi_-_mtf_on_chart_nmc.ex4
Heiken Ashi on Chart nmc_FX Station.tpl
Hello RplusT, thank you for your great work. In the setting (-2) of the Heikin Ashi it skips 1 timeframe?

Yeah, I realized that, but only for the first 3 TFs. I have corrected that.
Here is another option which makes it easier to trade Pullbacks.
Settings -2 / -3 (first pic) and -3 / -4 (second pic)

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Hartl

RplusT wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm Tried something different to get a picture of direction and also trade Pullbacks

#EZ Chart ArrZZx2.ex4
JJN-Fibo.mq4
TrendEnvelopes-alerts (mtf).mq4
heiken_ashi_-_mtf_on_chart_nmc.ex4
Heiken Ashi on Chart nmc_FX Station.tpl
Thanks very much!

the heiken ashi indicator gives alert as being "heiken ashi Jurik smoothed trend" which is no big deal but gives alerts on each bar of the lower timeframe bar until the higher timeframe bar has completed (maybe this is normal behaviour when using in mtf? is it fixable so that it only gives alert when higher tf bar has completed?)

Anyway, Thanks very much!!

wildwombat wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:33 pm Thanks very much!

the heiken ashi indicator gives alert as being "heiken ashi Jurik smoothed trend" which is no big deal but gives alerts on each bar of the lower timeframe bar until the higher timeframe bar has completed (maybe this is normal behaviour when using in mtf? is it fixable so that it only gives alert when higher tf bar has completed?)

Anyway, Thanks very much!!
I have no idea, I don't use alerts. Usually when using MTF it's a back and forth till the conditions for the higher TF are firmly in place. One must be aware of that.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
wildwombat