Re: MT4 Trading Systems (Old or new!) Please post here

Funny. I never heard that name. Again, it shows it does not matter what you put on your chart as long as you identify the rules and stick to those.
Years ago, after getting sick and tired of all the Indicators, I used exactly such set up (and I still do) but with a Stoch (10,6,8) and a 143 EMA and 233 EMA. Can trade any TF with that.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
mosiskv, Thangarasu

RplusT wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:57 pm Funny. I never heard that name. Again, it shows it does not matter what you put on your chart as long as you identify the rules and stick to those.
Years ago, after getting sick and tired of all the Indicators, I used exactly such set up (and I still do) but with a Stoch (10,6,8) and a 143 EMA and 233 EMA. Can trade any TF with that.
Hope, you don't mind me asking:
Minor but important details are missing:
I take it you used the Stoch as entry & exit trigger? (Hope, you don't mind: Stoch 14,3,3 for earlier signals?)
I take it you used the 2 EMAs for directional bias?
Did you only enter after price had touched MA (or MAs) & and when there was a clear directional bias?
Where was your SL (outside the slow EMA)?
Where was your TP (ADR?)
Attachments

josi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 pm
Hope, you don't mind me asking:
Minor but important details are missing:
I take it you used the Stoch as entry & exit trigger? (Hope, you don't mind: Stoch 10,6,5?)
Did you only enter after price had touched MA (or MAs) & and when there was a clear directional bias?
I take it you used the 2 EMAs for directional bias?
Where was your SL (outside the slow EMA)?
Where was your TP (ADR?)
The EMA's I use for directional bias. I believe its far superior to systems using MA crosses. Actually forgot to mention that I got the 100 EMA (thin line) on the chart too.
As you can see, the 143 and 233 often act as S/R. The Stoch needs to be in line with price direction...i.e. I'd never trade against it. If you trade long term, you'd use the Stoch for exit too. Secondly, if a trade is not obvious, I just skip it. I'm not spending time to figure out "should I or should I not". And of course you need to go with the flow of higher TFs. My SL is outside either the 143 or the 233...... (Nice scalping entry on the US30 for fun just before I prepared the chart to post. Could not resist...... :D ).
TP's .....Well, if you use Stoch for exits, the TP's are there. If there's a nice run, I look for the next S/D levels. But then, I'm often in favour of just cashing in if I feel I should do so. There are another 100 trades ahead, isn't it.. :D Of course, above the EMA's only long trades and below only short trades.

Makes me smile that in this forum of a 1000 sophisticated Indicators we talk about simply using 2 EMA's. It just proves that keeping it simply can be most effective.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 6):
josi, Mechkad, charli, DVanAssen, RodrigoRT7, BeatlemaniaSA

[quote=RplusT post_id=1295424987 time=1608037824 user_id=4866937]

Thanks, man, very helpful.
1. If you really look into it - all these sophisticated indies are in one way or another based on this or that average (in the end it's only maths structuring relatively raw data).
2. Similar approach to Xard's who uses EMA 9-36-144 (M15-H1-H4) at the moment. (As you know, anyway.)
3. 100-143-233 don't as numbers make much sense to me but I can see how price again and again sits nicely (and quite invitingly) on the lines - so: sense or no sense: it generally works quite well.
Using your approach even on H1 there was a very nice trade on US100 this morning (still running). Entry for yours and for Xard's system were more or less the same.

RplusT wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:10 am

The EMA's I use for directional bias. I believe its far superior to systems using MA crosses. Actually forgot to mention that I got the 100 EMA (thin line) on the chart too.
As you can see, the 143 and 233 often act as S/R. The Stoch needs to be in line with price direction...i.e. I'd never trade against it. If you trade long term, you'd use the Stoch for exit too. Secondly, if a trade is not obvious, I just skip it. I'm not spending time to figure out "should I or should I not". And of course you need to go with the flow of higher TFs. My SL is outside either the 143 or the 233...... (Nice scalping entry on the US30 for fun just before I prepared the chart to post. Could not resist...... :D ).
TP's .....Well, if you use Stoch for exits, the TP's are there. If there's a nice run, I look for the next S/D levels. But then, I'm often in favour of just cashing in if I feel I should do so. There are another 100 trades ahead, isn't it.. :D Of course, above the EMA's only long trades and below only short trades.

Makes me smile that in this forum of a 1000 sophisticated Indicators we talk about simply using 2 EMA's. It just proves that keeping it simply can be most effective.

EMA.JPG

Waddah_STOCH.mq4
EMA.tpl
Which tf do you use mostly?

RplusT wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:57 pm

As usual one needs to look at higher TFs (1H up) for direction. But I place entries on the 5m or even 1m when it reaches confluence. I want to get the entries as cheap as possible in terms of SL and draw downs.
I have checked previous pages and you have posted multiple indicators, templates, strategies.

Which do you use the most? The latest with 143, 233 ma? If its so could you post a chart or two what you look at the higher tf and then an entry on lower?

Thx.

Dego wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:21 pm
I have checked previous pages and you have posted multiple indicators, templates, strategies.

Which do you use the most? The latest with 143, 233 ma? If its so could you post a chart or two what you look at the higher tf and then an entry on lower?

Thx.
That's not rocket science. You can take any template or indicators. In the end it's all the same. H4 for example...it's obvious where the directional bias is. Draw vertical lines when the price reaches S/D levels. Then go to any lower TF charts that suit you and wait till the price is in confluence with the higher TF direction. You see the vertical line where your start is. That's pretty much all.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
Dego, ChuChu Rocket

RplusT wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:33 pm Here is the TMA HighLow set up with a Stoch.MTF for indication of direction on the higher TFs.
For the Stoch. Indicator to automatically show next higher TFs you need to key in -1 (next higher TF) or -2 (two TF's higher) in the Parameter window for "TimeFrame" in the Parameter window. The template should show -1 already.

TMA HighLow.JPG

TMA.mq4
stochastic_divergence_mtfalerts_nmc_2 (1).mq4
XU-FRACTAL SUPRES.ex4
XU-SEMAFOR v3.mq4
TMA HighLow.tpl

I don't know if you know, but this TMA High Low system has the same result as the 34 EMA system.

app.php/attach/file/3351490

TMA High Low

34 EMA Wave

TMA High Low + 34 EMA Wave

These users thanked the author Rox for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, josi, BeatlemaniaSA, yoake