Re: MT4 Trading Systems (Old or new!) Please post here

mrtools ;latest version of the TDI smoothed seems to do a good job.

Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?p=1295423616#p1295423616

It came to my mind that it might be helpful for beginners to address the issue of zooming in - zooming out.
The issue may seem trivial to most of you. But it's not negligible.

The first chart shows the 1m of the US30 zoomed in. Usually people zoom charts in even more. That can be very deceiving as the overall view vanishes.
On this chart it appears like....Oh, we are on the way down.

Then look at the zoomed out chart (second chart). You get my point.
Might the price move down from there.. Yes of course it might. But it might also go the other way after that consolidation.
But that higher TF charts can tell more clearly.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Patrick K

RplusT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm mrtools ;latest version of the TDI smoothed seems to do a good job.

Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?p=1295423616#p1295423616

It came to my mind that it might be helpful for beginners to address the issue of zooming in - zooming out.
The issue may seem trivial to most of you. But it's not negligible.

The first chart shows the 1m of the US30 zoomed in. Usually people zoom charts in even more. That can be very deceiving as the overall view vanishes.
On this chart it appears like....Oh, we are on the way down.

Then look at the zoomed out chart (second chart). You get my point.
Might the price move down from there.. Yes of course it might. But it might also go the other way after that consolidation.
But that higher TF charts can tell more clearly.

Zoom in_Zoom out.JPG

Zoom in_Zoom out_1.JPG
Hello RplusT,

please, whats the bands in the mainchart ?

Thank you in advance and greetings

MaxTorque

Well, so it finally went up after a fast dip to trick some of the 1m die hards into selling and then buy them out. Why it hit the 30,000 again I don't know. Is it because Trump is forced to leave or because he still refuses.... :D :D :D .
Anyway, there is no logic. It's not easy to trade that way and we need to protect our all the time unless your funds are JP Morgan size..... :D
charli

MaxTorque wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Hello RplusT,

please, whats the bands in the mainchart ?

Thank you in advance and greetings

MaxTorque
Sorry....Can't disclose those. They are part of my holy grail system... :D
No, just kidding. When I wanted to post the chart with the TDI, iI thought, what am I going to put up there on the main chart. Traded with it by the way today.
Works well like anything else...i.e. It really doesn't matter what one put on the chart as long as you get direction right.
.......(outer band 34 LWMA ATR 99 LLWMA Dev2.618
........34 LWMA ATR 99 Dev 1.5 and 2.0

There is no reason to use both other than me playing with it.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
MaxTorque, Mundu19

RplusT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm Well, so it finally went up after a fast dip to trick some of the 1m die hards into selling and then buy them out. Why it hit the 30,000 again I don't know. Is it because Trump is forced to leave or because he still refuses.... :D :D :D .
Anyway, there is no logic. It's not easy to trade that way and we need to protect our all the time unless your funds are JP Morgan size..... :D
You are quite right, that price moves are pretty weirdo these days.
I'm not so sure about the "trick"....
Price simply hit the outer boundaries of TMA (Mladen's newest one) and pulled back to MA (see resistance to the left) before it moved up again.
On H1 it is pretty much a W-formation.
Attachments

josi wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:07 pm
You are quite right, that price moves are pretty weirdo these days.
I'm not so sure about the "trick"....
Price simply hit the outer boundaries of TMA (Mladen's newest one) and pulled back to MA (see resistance to the left) before it moved up again.
On H1 it is pretty much a W-formation.
Right Josi, but you are a seasoned trader. I mean those who trade bits and pieces of price action. And there are many.

Forgot to mention that it actually returned from the VWAP main line. VWAP is a pretty good Indicator.
josi