Re: MT4 Trading Systems (Old or new!) Please post here

Holmes27 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 am
Hello RplusT

Thank you for your uploads re the Vidya and Hama System indicators. Would you please just confirm that the ma period setting for both the Vidya and the Hama System indicators is 89 ( re the two screen-saves in post #81)?

Also for the Vidya indicator, is the time-frame to use the 'Automatic next time frame'?

I'm just double-checking with you as the settings in the template attached in your post #83 is ma period 21 for Vidya and ma period 20 for Hama System? For your convenience I've attached that template now.

Also, would you mind please giving some guidelines for how you exit trades, such exiting at a fixed profit target or exiting at a colour change of the Hama System bars, etc?

Also, on a separate issue, I've recently come across a very old post of yours where you were requesting an indicator that would allow the user to alter the relative thickness of wicks and candle bodies, and also the different colouring of wicks and bodies - I've attached the 'thickwick' indicator which I think hopefully does what you were requesting to help with visibility of bar chart bars.

With thanks RplusT

Holmes27

Yes, I use 89 on the Hama. The setting of the Vidya is 1-21 and "next higher TF". You can play with the smoothing. The higher, the more it moves to the extreme. I often work with 1-36. And I also use 1-36 with curent TF.
Thanks for the candle Indicator. That was very thoughtful of you. I appreciate.

Regarding tragets. My targets are always Supply and Demand levels on higher TFs. For example, as I mentioned somewhere, my first target on the DOW is 18,000. I'm positive, we are heading there. But that does not mean I won't take profits earlier.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Holmes27

RplusT wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Yes, I use 89 on the Hama. The setting of the Vidya is 1-21 and "next higher TF". You can play with the smoothing. The higher, the more it moves to the extreme. I often work with 1-36. And I also use 1-36 with curent TF.
Thanks for the candle Indicator. That was very thoughtful of you. I appreciate.

Regarding tragets. My targets are always Supply and Demand levels on higher TFs. For example, as I mentioned somewhere, my first target on the DOW is 18,000. I'm positive, we are heading there. But that does not mean I won't take profits earlier.
Thanks very much RplusT for taking the time to answer my questions, and understood re the indicator settings and HTF S & D levels as profit targets.

I'll start observing S & D levels with a view to using them as profit targets, as my trade exits are one of the reasons I'm not currently profitable.

Thanks again and kind regards

Holmes27

normannasty wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:25 am Hello RTPLUS.
Do you have special technic or indicator for setting up the sd levels.
As I understand you draw them on the 4hr and the 1hr chart. How long are you go back in time? 1year ? or more?
Reliable S/D levels are on the Weekly and Daily charts. If you want to go more into detail you may try 4H and 1H. The lower the TF, the more noise.
How far those levels go back? It's a horizontal line and it depends how many candles you show on the chart i.e. how long your history setting is. Important S/D levels you can track back to Jesus Christ as I like to say. They are alwas relevant. Sometimes as S-levels, then there may be a break through and they often turn into D-levels and vice versa. Nothing is carved in stone, but pay attention.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
normannasty

For you to play with.....during lock down :)

A similar set up with the Hama system leading the way. Added the choice of MA Method to the Hame system Indicator. I'm using LWMA in the template.
Easy to trade with. When you click on the "Line Chart Button" on the MT4 you get the Ham system candles too.

Have fun and stay safe!

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 9):
macbeth, vvFish, Anjum, yoku, tstep, hannele, tvhh94, RodrigoRT7, DaffyTaffy

RplusT wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:11 pm For you to play with.....during lock down :)

A similar set up with the Hama system leading the way. Added the choice of MA Method to the Hame system Indicator. I'm using LWMA in the template.
Easy to trade with. When you click on the "Line Chart Button" on the MT4 you get the Ham system candles too.

Have fun and stay safe!

Hama System.JPG

!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-ZZ.ex4
HamaSystem.ex4
TrendEnvelopes-alerts (mtf).ex4
MA ribbon filled + shift 1.03 mtf nmc.ex4
thanks, can you share the template ?
These users thanked the author Blueman for the post:
Junx