Re: Combining indicators as a pro

friend4you wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:54 pm I would like to get your and others view on these things as there are not many complete systems here, which gives us a new look on charts. It's not enough to produce many indicators without helping how to combine them.
Change your POV. You want to eat something, so go into the kitchen. You find a lot of things: pans, eggs, milk, coconut milk, olive oil, cornflakes, steaks, a sponge, frozen peas, pepper, salt, lemon juice, red curry paste, water, and much more. You ask yourself how big is your appetite, light or heavy or medium. Ok, let's assume it's medium. So, you can combine things recipe-wise or make experiments like beginners. A beginner takes a pan and heat it up on the hearth, put the sponge in the middle of the pan and on top an egg. Throwing random stuff together will maybe give a good meal - that is the way a beginner thinks. "Sponge egg" - sounds funny and it is indeed (if the pan wasn't that expensive), but is it useful for your problem? No, absolutely not.

What you need is a recipe and knowledge what to do in certain situations. Ok, let's prepare the steak. Before cooking or braai it, you have to tenderize it. What do you use for it, your kitchen has no meat tenderizer - the hammer with burlings? You think it would be the best tool. NTL, you have to search for something else. You could take the pan - that's not good, but ok. You found an empty beer bottle - the bottom is stabile and hey - you realize, it is pretty good for your purpose. You decide to make it as your favorite meat tenderizer tool. It also has burlings, you have control and power and you have it always there. Recipe - problem - solution. After some steps your steak is ready and tasty. The recipe is the strategy. There is still another part and that is even more important: which oil and how much, how high the temperature and the cooking time - that is the part that makes a system working or not. You can have a 80,000€ kitchen, high quality oil and steak, an automatic meat tenderizer, but you have no clue of the temperature or use too much/less oil or whatever. The result is that you burned your steak - well done.

Everyone prepares the steak or the omelet or whatever differently, with different ingredients or tools but they can taste very well. When I say you must use ginger and garlic for your omelet you maybe say I'm crazy or you don't have or like that. So someone can give you a recipe for omelet but you must find your own style and flavor. Therefore you need some experience. If you have good experience in preparing a steak you maybe have no problems in preparing an okay-omlete.

I hope you understand what I want to say. Find YOUR style and concept, take the indicators for your needs and test it. Don't take random indicators without a concept and mess up your chart. Be aware that others also just boil with water, but they have a concept, so even if use white vine, the concept is the same and they don't fail. You fail because you have no concept.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Ajiboyf, Antonio

appsoluxions wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:58 pm "It's not enough to produce many indicators without helping how to combine them." Huh, :lol:
moey_dw wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 pm i know huh some people need to be spoonfed................... even after that they are just never happy/or find something 2 complain about :roll:
Krelian99 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Change your POV.
I hope you understand what I want to say. Find YOUR style and concept, take the indicators for your needs and test it. Don't take random indicators without a concept and mess up your chart. Be aware that others also just boil with water, but they have a concept, so even if use white vine, the concept is the same and they don't fail. You fail because you have no concept.
Thanks to the coders for their great work. I'm not complaining, that is out of context. I just say, we should not talk so much about good indicators or settings, more about the concepts of a good combination - ma and oscillators for example as I pointed out. Sure we can take our lessons, but most people want also read somewhere why this and that is a good combination.

Many people make their strategy and it may work, but when markets go longer sideways they loose more and they just change to another "holy grail" instead of thinking about filters that prevent trading on sideways for example. But these combinations are most important and it's a pity, that you don't find much about that on boards.

friend4you wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 pm ... Sure we can take our lessons, but most people want also read somewhere why this and that is a good combination.

Many people make their strategy and it may work, but when markets go longer sideways they loose more and they just change to another "holy grail" instead of thinking about filters that prevent trading on sideways for example. But these combinations are most important and it's a pity, that you don't find much about that on boards.
I hear mostly this and that is bad, one can't use it because of *a random stupid argument that has nothing to do with the problem*. Filter sideways - why? Sideways are full of opportunities to scalp some pips. You must see the chances, advantages - disadvantages can also be a strength. Don't tell me or yourself why this or that can't work - tell me how the problem can be solved. Research for your own, many guys tell much nonsense - maybe me as well. What are you waiting for? Study every approach for itself and combine then. When you combine everything without knowing the power of each single approach, what do you thing you will get? A mess - not more and not less.

There are already many approaches right in front of you every traders should know in the Education section here (or ForexPeaceArmy.com or some other forums that comes to my mind) - when all just looking for ready systems and nobody reads what is important, it's not my fault. Volume I haven't written much about it, it's too complicated. We can't tailor a system for every single member, I hope you understand it. We have invested much time and also money (also see the not earned money meanwhile) in learning - the minimum you must do is to learn the basics as every other trader who wants to be successful as well. When I say S/R and candlesticks is a good combination, beginners take a S/R indicator and something else and loose all the time while I have a winning streak one by one - but I'm the guy who told them and they lost. I always say not to use indicators for certain things - I'm not responsible when they do anything else and fail. "The disclaimer is full in charge."

Begin to learn the basics and the enlightenment will come one day. It's a stony way. This is Forex - most guys loose because it is extremely hard. Are you worthy to be one of the 10% that made it? Only you can change your life, noone else.

Re: MNTiwana Trading System

friend4you : Many people make their strategy and it may work, but when markets go longer sideways they loose more and they just change to another "holy grail" instead of thinking about filters that prevent trading on sideways for example.

I would say that you have to have trend indicators that shows when there is a trend and when there is not trend. Then you don`t need any filters.

For example trading in M5, you could have 5 days MA, 2 days MA and 1 day MA, when they line up, you have a trend, when it is messy, don`t trade.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Krelian99, warytrader
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

combine and classify indicators

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 am
I am not sure but think the trend wave I have is close to the same as wave trend without the dots, but since I have been burned too many times will not release the source code but am willing to work on it to make any necessary changes, this version is bare bones with no coloring yet, so please help verify if they are the same for me and will continue.
FBI wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:14 am friend4you : Many people make their strategy and it may work, but when markets go longer sideways they loose more and they just change to another "holy grail" instead of thinking about filters that prevent trading on sideways for example.
I would say that you have to have trend indicators that shows when there is a trend and when there is not trend. Then you don`t need any filters.

For example trading in M5, you could have 5 days MA, 2 days MA and 1 day MA, when they line up, you have a trend, when it is messy, don`t trade.
That kills you in volatile, bigger ranges. No EA just uses that.
I'm not a beginner. I just wanted to suggest better ways to combine and classify indicators. Floating levels for example are often used, but what is the difference to smoothing an indicator. Why are adapting indicators according to new science not better than old indicators. What filters volatile ranges best according to your all point of view (I said many times in my view atr-bands)?
Instead some try to tell me, that we shall all learn by ourselves. I'm not here for fights that help nobody. But it seems to be ok for some, that many come here just a few times, fetch some new stuff without knowing what they do, trading with a black box just by scrolling charts back as also many can't understand dying mql4 language (no mt4 updates since nearly 2 years, no new mt4 servers allowed) or the science behind indicators.
Nobody except the coders know how some smoothing works (only ex4 posted, which I can understand because of thieves) or why should it be better than jurik smoothing?
Do 5 indicators give better trades than 10 or none?
These are all important things, that are rarely discussed here, really a pity.

Yeah, I understand, people are different.
Let`s say driving a car with ABS-brakes, I really don`t need to know, how exactly they works, I can just tell, that it is much better than without ABS and that is enough for me, and someone else want to know exactly how ABS-brakes works. For example.
Anyways, happy trading.

Edit. Just want to add to that MA thing something. If we take that example what I was talking about, and let`s say you trade EURUSD, then if you add AUDUSD and GBPUSD and when all 3 pairs move in harmony, then I think you have again done something, that increase your odds to be successful.
And if you add to that, that you take trades only European and US session, that is another thing. Also trading with this BIG trend and using some GOOD entry indicator, so that you can use tiny stoploss, and ride all trend, then you must be successful, you cannot avoid that.

Sorry have to add something, I did count TREND days in August this year for Eur-Jpy, there were 13 trading days and rest was "don`t trade days"
One of those 13 days was like BE or small loss. And we have how many pairs we can monitor, 20-30 or so.

This is trend.
These users thanked the author FBI for the post:
vvFish