Re: Can anyone Explain the algo for this stolen indicator

mladen wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 pm Signals on screen are not made by TMAdCG indicator
Here is your original indi - do the on screen signals indicate that the price has gone outside the outer bands and there is a closing price on an opposite candle inside those outer bands?
If not could you tell me the criteria for your signals please?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 pm Here is your original indi - do the on screen signals indicate that the price has gone outside the outer bands and there is a closing price on an opposite candle inside those outer bands?
If not could you tell me the criteria for your signals please?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Here is how the "signals" are drawn :

Code: Select all

upArrow[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
         dnArrow[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;            
            if (High[i+1]>upBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i]<Open[i]) upArrow[i] = High[i]+iATR(NULL,0,20,i);
            if ( Low[i+1]<dnBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i]>Open[i]) dnArrow[i] = High[i]-iATR(NULL,0,20,i);

mladen wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:02 pm Here is how the "signals" are drawn :

Code: Select all

upArrow[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
         dnArrow[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;            
            if (High[i+1]>upBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i]<Open[i]) upArrow[i] = High[i]+iATR(NULL,0,20,i);
            if ( Low[i+1]<dnBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i]>Open[i]) dnArrow[i] = High[i]-iATR(NULL,0,20,i);
I am not a coder and the code sadly has no meaning to me.
Unless it can be explained by description of 'open/close/levels' I will have to assume my visual observations are correct, that is" that the price has gone outside the outer bands and there is a closing price on an opposite candle inside those outer bands."
Thanks anyway.
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm I am not a coder and the code sadly has no meaning to me.
Unless it can be explained by description of 'open/close/levels' I will have to assume my visual observations are correct, that is" that the price has gone outside the outer bands and there is a closing price on an opposite candle inside those outer bands."
Thanks anyway.
TEAMTRADER
As far as I know those conditions were not coded by me
Hence is why I posted the code

TEAMTRADER wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm I am not a coder and the code sadly has no meaning to me.
Thanks anyway.
TEAMTRADER
TeamTrader,

The code says (although I am not a programmer either):

1. Sell signal: If the price has closed above the higher outer bands and that bar is a bullish one and the next bar is bearish then draw an arrow
2. Buy signal: If the price has closed below the lower outer bands and that bar is a bearish one and the next bar is bullish then draw an arrow

I do not see the condition you assumed that the next bar should close inside the outer bands, it just should be an opposite bar.