ACD Trading Method

The ACD method is one of the most simple, yet misunderstood applications out there. I will be sharing charts as a way to help this community grow. The indicators currently existing for the ACD method are flawed to a degree. The A and C lines can be done any way one wants to do them as long as they are consistent. The daily pivot and three day rolling pivot are also considerations. The lines are all drawn by hand. 

This is my first chart. I am presently waiting for a first day of the month breakout up or down.
Attachments

I read now two books about trading and some more for private. The ACD (not making an ACDC reference joke here method looks interesting. You should read the book 'The Logical Trader: Applying a Method to the Madness' from Mark B. Fisher a few times to understand all the layers of ACD?
In trading, time is actually more important than price.
Not only in trading...
...and what would all the Renko Charts friends say to this quote? 

renko users would obviously disagree.  Yes, I have read the logical trader and that is where this thread will be directed. It is for swing trading in this thread and we are waiting for price to make a good A up or down from the first day of the month. 

Re: ACD

I have been using ACD on the 15 minute timeframe for over 8 years and have coded an indicator to automatically draw the lines for each trading session.
When used as stated in the book it works OK at times, however, when entering a little early it can have amazing results.
It is a range breakout system that was originally developed for the commodities market.
When combined with a few other indicators and some trade management it can be a very profitable system.

ACD on EURUSD with session lines for Asia, London and New York.

I use LSMA 200 for trend and have been looking at Camarilla pivots as a filter.
I also use an indicator I wrote based on an idea from Paul Murphy to combine RSI and Stochastics.
I use it to stay in trades during retracements.

MrPip wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:37 am ACD-EURUSDproM15.png

ACD on EURUSD with session lines for Asia, London and New York.

I use LSMA 200 for trend and have been looking at Camarilla pivots as a filter.
I also use an indicator I wrote based on an idea from Paul Murphy to combine RSI and Stochastics.
I use it to stay in trades during retracements.

ACD-EURJPYproM15full.png
Hi MrPip
Thanks for sharing your experience and observation with traders,though with long breaks :)
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I have been busy sharing what brought me back to health and finishing a Traveling Salesman Problem Solver.
I still share my knowledge and skills about forex when time allows.

Bounce off Camarilla at L3 with C at same price gives Buy signal with target at H3 (80 pips) based on Camarilla with another ACD during London session for 10 or 15 pips both in the direction of LSMA trend.
StochRSI Histogram keeps me in the first trade with exit around H4 Cam for around 120 pips.

Where is the based place(s) to post these indicators?
I did see RSI and Stochastics threads and my histogram combines the two.
LSMA is already available as I posted my version on many different forums over 10 years ago and mLaden probably
added LSMA as one of the many moving averages.

MrPip wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 am I have been busy sharing what brought me back to health and finishing a Traveling Salesman Problem Solver.
I still share my knowledge and skills about forex when time allows.

Bounce off Camarilla at L3 with C at same price gives Buy signal with target at H3 (80 pips) based on Camarilla with another ACD during London session for 10 or 15 pips both in the direction of LSMA trend.
StochRSI Histogram keeps me in the first trade with exit around H4 Cam for around 120 pips.

Where is the based place(s) to post these indicators?
I did see RSI and Stochastics threads and my histogram combines the two.
LSMA is already available as I posted my version on many different forums over 10 years ago and mLaden probably
added LSMA as one of the many moving averages.
Hi MrPips
You are free to choose where you think it suitable,if i have to suggest i think better you open your own thread and carry on,we all will be participate you with our comments,sharing ideas and our part of work for to drag it up in traders favor/interest.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.