IndicatorFXSurf WaveTrend System

FXSurf WaveTrend System

The premise of this system is basically MTF WaveTrends converging/crossing over one another. I've used LMA's in the past for trend confirmation, but recently settled on three EMA values of:  25, 60 and 100. 

I primarily use the Daily, 1H and 15M candles for entries, 1H being my preferred.

Simple example: D1 WaveTrend crossing over the W1 on the D1 Candle.

The 1H candle setup I use two sets of EMA's. Normal 25 60 100 and also the daily equivalent of 600 1440 2400.

The 15M Candle has the 1H EMA equivilant and WT's of 15m, 1H and 4H.

If you back test, you'll find similar patterns that occur. Ideally when all three TF's converge at the top or bottom then a prime entry/exits is forming.

As far as trade exits, the WaveTrends will indicate, however that's mostly mentally up to you. Some people want to have a home run, with max pips and some want to build a steady equity curve. Its your call.

The template is set up with all three TF's.
These users thanked the author FXSurf for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, craibern, A_5, Chickenspicy, Jedidiah

Re: FXSurf WaveTrend System

FXSurf wrote:One of the strategies is to simply use the two higher TF's. 

15M candle with only 1H and 4H WaveTrend indi's

Hi FXSurf
Congrat to start your system and contribution :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: FXSurf WaveTrend System

Fabio.g wrote:Thank you for sharing, one question you mention on another thread that you use wave trend with chaos va? But unless, and honestly I should read the all post here, I cannot see any mention to chaos va here?
What I meant was that they can be both be used the same way. I just chose WT over CHAOS VA as it rendered a better forecast for me imo.

And if i recall, CHAOS VA was a bit more taxing on the CPU as well.
Attachments