Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

renaissance7 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:25 pm Hi guys,

I just took a buy trade on the second blue dot off the Green perimeter dot, with orange zz line on Buy bias but it went to the downside unfortunately.

please let me know what i was doing here.

Should i have taken the second last orange ZZ line which was at a short bias?
Trading away from the ZZ line is correct according to Xard's rules. But the open of HK50 is a special case I think, others may not agree but look back at the open of the HK50, I buy if the price is at buy as per the column to the right of the current bar and above the slow EMA. Or vice versa for a sell, sometimes this won't work out but when it does there is lots of PIP$. If it goes the other way reverse your position. Go back over the charts and see how many times this would work for you.

See this post I made last week about it. viewtopic.php?p=1295442755#p1295442755
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
renaissance7, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:13 pm Trading away from the ZZ line is correct according to Xard's rules. But the open of HK50 is a special case I think, others may not agree but look back at the open of the HK50, I buy if the price is at buy as per the column to the right of the current bar and above the slow EMA. Or vice versa for a sell, sometimes this won't work out but when it does there is lots of PIP$. If it goes the other way reverse your position. Go back over the charts and see how many times this would work for you.

Agree with your points. One other thought is to check the dots/channel...they are liquidity points. You need to be careful when they are nearby.
Attachments

FourXXXX wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:13 pm Trading away from the ZZ line is correct according to Xard's rules. But the open of HK50 is a special case I think, others may not agree but look back at the open of the HK50, I buy if the price is at buy as per the column to the right of the current bar and above the slow EMA. Or vice versa for a sell, sometimes this won't work out but when it does there is lots of PIP$. If it goes the other way reverse your position. Go back over the charts and see how many times this would work for you.

okay, thank you for the explanation. i understand we cant win every trade.
hk50 is a different beast from us markets from what i see.

sudhindragk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:21 pm Agree with your points. One other thought is to check the dots/channel...they are liquidity points. You need to be careful when they are nearby.
okay, those are the two liquidity points. when i bought hk50 when it crosses the ema and candle turn blue, the red dot appeared. should i get out of the trade then ?

Also, price open up in the central pivot range, i thought the bias was to upside.

sudhindragk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:37 pm Few Points on HK50. I don't trade this but my observation:

1) Yes Price opened above CPR but price hardly stayed above daily open.

2) Pivot bias was bearish.

2) Previous day high was very close....dots was very close.

3) Pivot width was indicating range and it will range.

4) Switch the channel on and Murray Math was at 7/8.
thank you for sharing your insights.

by the way, how do i know pivot bias was bearish in this case?

and also, could you please elaborate on this statement? Previous day high was very close....dots was very close.