Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:10 am Here is my latest template for everyone's perusal.
As always, don't be greedy, be consistent.
It is not rocket science folks, it's easy peezy lemon squeezy.
Just take a little bit of meat off the bone each trading day.

I setup four charts showing 1min, 15m (trading chart), 4hr & Daily so I can see the big picture.
You can easily trade this in an Up market as well as in a Down market.

Enjoy!
Xard777
XARD, oh what you are giving us is really outstanding and highly appreciated !
Regrettably after activating the new XARDWORLD template my MT4 is completely freezing. Even though I have only one chart open.
Any hints what could be done to make this work ?

XARD: OK, Below is a list of the indicators in order of setup.
Remove all the indicators from your chart and add them in manually one at a time then save the template as test.tpl

Hopefully it should all work.
Xard777
Attachments

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Thank you so much Xard. Excellent work.
Many thanks to the community as well.

After months of reading and following and testing, I am starting to focus on being more consistent with my results.

Last week I had Thursday and Friday with just under 4% on each day. Yesterday 5.13% and today 6.29%. All just on AUS200.

I found it too hard and confusing to look at multiple indices, so narrowed my focus on one for now.

When I get greedy I give some back, so it's not all roses at the moment, but wholeheartedly agree it is about consistency. To that end, I find looking at the spreadsheet every day helps with this.

I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy.
Don't settle with hitting your Goal - Aim to Smash It!!! - XARD777

flandria wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:26 am Which way where you trading at the US Open ? I'm sorry but I feel lost !?

XARD: On the 15m chart the bias is coming off the bottom Large White Dot (which was the old square, just changed to a circle so you are looking to be buying off green dots) and both trades were UP BUY trades. You do not want to trade against the bias even though we had the large down move (too risky). In fact price kept going up after I came out of my second trade, but instead of being greedy I simply booked the pips by taking a bit of meat off the bone and I am out with little to no risk and I just rinse and repeat each day. Every day I leave tons of pips on the table and it used to bother me but now I do not give it a second thought. My daughter always says Dad, place a stop and let it run but I never do as I am happy with booking what I have and move on. No one ever went broke taking a profit.
Hi Xard,
How about the rule apply to Pink and Small White dot?
Thank you.
XARD: Yes, use the Orange ZigZag line on the 15m chart as your intra day bias. WAIT! for the candle colour change on your first trade and take additional trades off the 2nd dots (2,4,6...) that appear off the bias 15m ZZ line.

Musashi wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:00 am Thank you so much Xard. Excellent work.
Many thanks to the community as well.

After months of reading and following and testing, I am starting to focus on being more consistent with my results.

Last week I had Thursday and Friday with just under 4% on each day. Yesterday 5.13% and today 6.29%. All just on AUS200.

I found it too hard and confusing to look at multiple indices, so narrowed my focus on one for now.

When I get greedy I give some back, so it's not all roses at the moment, but wholeheartedly agree it is about consistency. To that end, I find looking at the spreadsheet every day helps with this.

I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy. I will not be greedy.

Hey Musashi,
You an Aussie ? im based in Australia. :D what times were you trading the AU200 and were you using the standard 1h and 5M do do your trading off ?
These users thanked the author phillip123 for the post:
Musashi

entered after the first red candle below PP
exited at S38 - much too early as it turned out
so: bad exit strategy
(doesn't have anything - whatsoever - to do with greed;
a) if you lose a trade you want to exit as quickly as you can (when it is clear the trade is invalid)
b) if you win you want to exit as late as possible (just before or when price turns around)
But what do I know?)
update:
man, did I miss out today
Attachments

josi wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:05 pm entered after the first red candle below PP
exited at S38 - much too early as it turned out
so: bad exit strategy
(doesn't have anything - whatsoever - to do with greed;
a) if you lose a trade you want to exit as quickly as you can (when it is clear the trade is invalid)
b) if you win you want to exit as late as possible (just before or when price turns around)
But what do I know?)
Can you please upload your .tpl I like how clean it is

Would really help thanks buddy

phillip123 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm Can you please upload your .tpl I like how clean it is
Believe me, it wouldn't do you any good whatsoever. What works (mostly) for me, won't work for you (I know what minimum I need and why I need it).
default screen + candles configured the way you want them + Xard's XU v6 + Xard's semafore v6 + Banzai's button indies (choose the ones you like among hundreds) - bingo