Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

"The most important basic rule of XARD: do not be greedy."
I sometimes wonder: is "greedy" a technical term that is really helpful in technical analysis and trading? If so:
when does "greedy" start? 5 pips? Probably not. 20 pips? Maybe. 182 pips? ...
And does greedy mean the same for all instruments? Maybe you are "greedy" if you pocket 20 pips on EURUSD but not if you make 45 pips trading US500.
All this "greedy"-talk to me sounds a bit like: I haven't really mastered my exits (meaning: I have no fixed rule), that's why I tend to get out while the move is still strong.
So maybe - just maybe - that is one weakness still left in the Xard-system (and most others, by the way).
So should you read this, Xard, and still be just this tiny fraction away from retirement: maybe, just maybe, you could still surprise us (around May, the 18th) with a new and ingenious fixed rule for exits.
I think (while beginners struggle with entries,) most traders struggle with exits.

XARD: Funny how you mention that, I used the new exit rule today :-)

man, you are the light of day
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 8):
happy_trader, Shockr, maroka, Paddygir, 1cekzz, Narkarn, Juertes, Pauliz

josi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:26 am "The most important basic rule of XARD: do not be greedy."
I sometimes wonder: is "greedy" a technical term that is really helpful in technical analysis and trading? If so:
when does "greedy" start? 5 pips? Probably not. 20 pips? Maybe. 182 pips? ...
And does greedy mean the same for all instruments? Maybe you are "greedy" if you pocket 20 pips on EURUSD but not if you make 45 pips trading US500.
All this "greedy"-talk to me sounds a bit like: I haven't really mastered my exits (meaning: I have no fixed rule), that's why I tend to get out while the move is still strong.
So maybe - just maybe - that is one weakness still left in the Xard-system (and most others, by the way).
So should you read this, Xard, and still be just this tiny fraction away from retirement: maybe, just maybe, you could still surprise us (around May, the 18th) with a new and ingenious fixed rule for exits.
I think (while beginners struggle with entries,) most traders struggle with exits.

XARD: Funny how you mention that, I used the new exit rule today :-)

man, you are the light of day
Hi Josi,

I was wondering why you haven't commented on it yet :-)
And then it came.
Many thanks.
So the following is meant by greed:
There is a recalculated ADR every day
And today I got 25% of the whole cake.
Or you could also say the following: This time I took my hind leg from the whole cow and not only the T-Bones :-)
You are light at the end of the tunnel :-)
I wish you all a lot of fun and lots of PIPS.
I'll be gone for a couple of weeks
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
1cekzz
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

xard777 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 am I have set the VQ on the 1m, 5m, and 15m to show 1hr.
This is great for working out your daily trading strategy.
btw, the portrait version is working out a treat, you can see which charts are moving in sync and you can trade with the flow.
I have been adding emphasis on the VQ for directional trading. I enclose a 5m chart for your perusal.
Xard777
Great system XARD, I am attempting to set the VQ at 1 hour on the 5 minute timeframe and it is locking up the application. Is anyone else experiencing that problem? Using a noncustomized version of the VQ indicator doesn't have that issue but the settings obviously don't match up with XARD's.
These users thanked the author sl1ckv1c for the post (total 2):
AlexBello, Narkarn