Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Here was another big drawdown. When I got up this morning everything was at the bottom. First trade was as soon as price crossed above the two MAs. Got out when red ball appeared. Waited for a pullback below the MAs; got in again when price crossed above the MAs. I expected to see a triangle formed here; but it didn't happen. Price moved considerably lower. Again I expected to see a triangle, but no. I got impatient and entered again when price crossed above the MAs. Then a down triangle formed! But with the huge blue circle at the bottom and the background also blue, I decided to "sit on my hands" and wait for the market to change. The following drawdown took me to over a -7%!! And I was only using 0.02 lots per trade.
But finally the triangle formed that I was waiting for. I eventually took out both trade with a good profit.
These users thanked the author Shockr for the post:
AlexBello

Shockr wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:55 am Here was another big drawdown. When I got up this morning everything was at the bottom. First trade was as soon as price crossed above the two MAs. Got out when red ball appeared. Waited for a pullback below the MAs; got in again when price crossed above the MAs. I expected to see a triangle formed here; but it didn't happen. Price moved considerably lower. Again I expected to see a triangle, but no. I got impatient and entered again when price crossed above the MAs. Then a down triangle formed! But with the huge blue circle at the bottom and the background also blue, I decided to "sit on my hands" and wait for the market to change. The following drawdown took me to over a -7%!! And I was only using 0.02 lots per trade.
But finally the triangle formed that I was waiting for. I eventually took out both trade with a good profit.IG spx500 2323.21 Terminal.png
To complement Cladi39, you should never have taken those Buy trades BELOW the Open. They are invalid.
The open is the line in the sand, always buy above and sell below this line to improve your odds.
Would you buy a developing bearish Daily candle?

Shockr wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:16 pm
And where is the end of your down trend: The big blue circle! I would have loved that big down trend, but I was not in the market yet. No one reads; only look at pictures.
down trend end when uptrend starts. look at higher tf for confirmation. the blue circle can be repainted multiple times, don't simply use it as the start of new uptrend, it's risky
These users thanked the author kue92 for the post:
Shockr