Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

maroka wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:34 am Getting the hang of this system even in M1.
Previous 50pips profit closed.. when this gets to 40pips, break even sets in.. hopefully will get another 50pips.. Loving s&p500.

Edit: posted the image earlier.. I guess network issues

Be a little careful with M1 though. If you must scalp M1, then ensure that the trade aligns with M5 or M15. Also be ready to take small profits if the market wants to turn....
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post:
maroka

maroka wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 am

Price went 215pips from my second entry.. about 270 from my first..
I think I'll still stick with 50pips tp for now, or is that selling myself short?
No you are not selling yourself short. A profit is a profit. I like grabbing smaller bits and pieces myself too. They add up with time. Once consistent profitability is established, then you can consider staying out some more. I guess this comes naturally as more market knowledge is gained.
The only risk of smaller profits from my experience is avoiding very large losses which can wipe out days or weeks of hardwork.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post:
woodp241

traderokey wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:07 am

No you are not selling yourself short. A profit is a profit. I like grabbing smaller bits and pieces myself too. They add up with time. Once consistent profitability is established, then you can consider staying out some more. I guess this comes naturally as more market knowledge is gained.
The only risk of smaller profits from my experience is avoiding very large losses which can wipe out days or weeks of hardwork.
That's a psychology issue and if I'm honest one I've been fighting against for a while. My Win percentage is above 70% but my profit in the toilet because the age old problem of trading badly by letting losses run and winners cash out quickly. Never underestimate your state of mind. Despite the awesome system Xard has given us the biggest part comes from you within.
These users thanked the author woodp241 for the post:
traderokey

personally I dont have a big monitor to have two TF on One screen so I have found it useful as others have mentioned to have the higher TF EMA on the chart and have found layering a second VQ on the chart adds a higher perspective with alerts for changes at that level. One for MA 72 and 144 with a width of 5 and the other at 9 and 36 . (But as Mentioned for the case of disclosure I wouldn't yet consider myself profitable.....YET
And before anyone asks why I'm short given the signals, I'm a long term Bear right now on the US market and willing to take the punt. And YES that Is probably why I'm Unprofitable, but if i learn from my loss I see at as paying for my learning
Attachments

woodp241 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 am personally I dont have a big monitor to have two TF on One screen so I have found it useful as others have mentioned to have the higher TF EMA on the chart and have found layering a second VQ on the chart adds a higher perspective with alerts for changes at that level. One for MA 72 and 144 with a width of 5 and the other at 9 and 36 . (But as Mentioned for the case of disclosure I wouldn't yet consider myself profitable.....YET
And before anyone asks why I'm short given the signals, I'm a long term Bear right now on the US market and willing to take the punt. And YES that Is probably why I'm Unprofitable, but if i learn from my loss I see at as paying for my learning
readup on market mechanics and why global assets have risen of late.
If you dont understand that first - you should not be short stocks.
Even if the dow drops 27000 points from here - its just a gamble - get some weighted reasoning.

Simply put;
FX goes up and down.
US stocks go up - it's a long term bull market, don't bother shorting it - i have said many times here it is pointless - empirical evidence backs it up. Just BTFD.