Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Gari369 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:25 am
Slightly changed the color of the blue cloud, so as not to merge with MA.
How did you change the ribbon colour? - XARD has not released the indicators and template to us yet
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

CYCLES a brief introduction.
a.PNG
While higher time frames control subsequent lower (shorter) time frames, all moves start with lower (shorter) time frames. So.................

The highest time frame on XARD's last template is H4 so when his system signals a H4 top, trade the signal top on M5 (or M1). When it signals a H4 bottom, trade the signal bottom on M5 (or M1).

Also, cycles are not perfect sine waves - they get skewed and distorted by random market news and geopolitical events so don't bet the farm on them!

This illustration, courtesy of a thread on another Forum, illustrates cycles on different time frames interacting with each other
CYCLES.PNG

And, from my 10 years old thread on another Forum:
b.PNG
Cheers,

Rob

Rumi wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:40 am
A pretty straightforward one from this morning on EUR/GBP.

In the morning I was anticipating a buy around that area, and XARD's standalone system confirmed the buy. Enter trade on blue candle + background.

eurgbp.png
Very good but only a 100 pips range

During the same cycle/time, EURCAD was 230 pips and GBPJPY was 316 pips

Why waste your margin on mickey mouse pairs when you can maximise your profit potential on volatile pairs.

I TRADE TO LIVE and need to get the most out of my margin- are you LIVING TO TRADE?
Cheers,

Rob

Senior Rob wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 am
Rumi wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:40 am
A pretty straightforward one from this morning on EUR/GBP.

In the morning I was anticipating a buy around that area, and XARD's standalone system confirmed the buy. Enter trade on blue candle + background.

eurgbp.png
Very good but only a 100 pips range

During the same cycle/time, EURCAD was 230 pips and GBPJPY was 316 pips

Why waste your margin on mickey mouse pairs when you can maximise your profit potential on volatile pairs.

I TRADE TO LIVE and need to get the most out of my margin- are you LIVING TO TRADE?
What you say is true! Right now I focus mainly on Gold and SPX... sometimes a few currency pairs including GBP/AUD.

It could be because I'm more interested in position size based on a set risk, rather than volatility. (E.g. 230 pips at £1 position size // 23 pips at £10 would be the same result.) That aside, the main reason is that I have a couple of other conditions I like to see in the charts, and sometimes they aren't there on certain pairs :D

I intend on expanding to new pairs, so I'll be sure to check out EUR/CAD and GBP/JPY. I have actually been watching those recently and they look great. Thanks Rob

1. Similar Topics

1. 277 Replies
    2. XU-MA Indicator Buffers (Automating Xard System)

2 Replies 3997 Views

by Jagel, Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:37 am in Coding Help

2 Replies
    3. Trend Lock System

2 Replies 3321 Views

by menber100, Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:50 am in Coding Help

2 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”