Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hi Xard, What made you enter this trade, Aligning the 1 minute entry with 5 minute and 30 minute, The background of 5 Minute and 30 Minute is changing to blue defining weakness, the 30 minute semafor has formed a cycle green that could reverse anytime, But would the 5 minute and 1 minute cycle red be enough for the bias?Would you have entered on the 5 minute background change or because TMA channels still hold. Appreciate your insights. Thanks :)
Attachments

Here, you can see the trade more clearly...
Plus depending on what TF that you are following live you can decide which black channel line to exit at.

We are still trading in the direction off the 30 min DOWN BIAS, the 5min DOWN BIAS and the 1min DOWN BIAS
Basically, we are using the 1min to pick up and re-enter the 30 min DOWN move at the best possible entry (being the 2nd DOT off our 1min) as this is the start of our next day's trading.
On the morning price went down +200 from the 1min Bias then went back up +100 to form our 2nd Dot - If we were only trading the 2nd Dot and wanted to get in on the previous Days action then here is the only place to do that. So we would have giving up +300 pips in earlier scalping moves in order to get in on a safe move which itself paid out in cherries that day.
There are exit points on each TF where we would look to take our profit being where price lands on the black channel lines and of course you would decide which TF that you feel comfortable taking profit at.
Hope this helps.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
markstep, Skyold, fadhayemustafa, Jedidiah, Erebøs_X, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:04 am Here, you can see the trade more clearly...
Plus depending on what TF that you are following live you can decide which black channel line to exit at.

We are still trading in the direction off the 30 min DOWN BIAS, the 5min DOWN BIAS and the 1min DOWN BIAS
Basically, we are using the 1min to pick up and re-enter the 30 min DOWN move at the best possible entry (being the 2nd DOT off our 1min) as this is the start of our next day's trading.
On the morning price went down +200 from the 1min Bias then went back up +100 to form our 2nd Dot - If we were only trading the 2nd Dot and wanted to get in on the previous Days action then here is the only place to do that. So we would have giving up +300 pips in earlier scalping moves in order to get in on a safe move which itself paid out in cherries that day.
There are exit points on each TF where we would look to take our profit being where price lands on the black channel lines and of course you would decide which TF that you feel comfortable taking profit at.
Hope this helps.
Xard777
Thank you xard, Much appreciated!!
These users thanked the author markstep for the post:
RobertPoznan

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:35 am Hey Everyone that follows this thread,

Can we all try the 2nd White Dot strategy during the months of February & March (as a habit usually takes about two months to form).
Then can you please give feedback on this thread - That includes you too Francis

I.E. Has your account improved... say 30% week on week, or month on month.
Is there more consistency in your trading (profit wise).
What speed bumps if any have you encountered along the way.

And last but not least how best can we expand on this strategy and still keep it simple.

Best trades would probably be...
(remember to check the ADR/HiLo in the INFO PANEL for a guesstimate on expected performance}.

HK50
DOW JONES
GBPAUD
GBPNZD
DAX
GBPJPY
XAUUSD

Also what works best for you 30min/5min trading in the same direction or 15min/5min or 5min/1min etc...

Kudos to those that try it out and may your god of Pip$ shine down on you with a bounty beyond your measure.
Xard777
Hello XARD, as per my first post (1160), I am working my way through all the posts but since I had spare time this week-end, fast forwarded to recent posts and came across this. Well, surprise, surprise, it seems my "stone age kindergarten strategy" may not be "old" after all!

The semafor has been central to my strategy for a good number of years and part of the reason why I am consistently profitable. I use 2 semafors, one to indicate the major swings and the standard one for minor swings. I use stochastics and macd to confirm, nay, add confidence, to pulling the trigger.

I wait for the major swing to be identified by large red and green balls and then wait for the first blue "2" ball, confirmed by my indicators, to enter my first trade. I then bank profits on the next red "2" ball and re-enter on the next blue "2" ball. Sometimes, I will counter trend trade the red "2" ball if the pair is really volatile. I then continue to "rinse and repeat" until a large red or green ball starts "flashing".

I have traded price action since my futures and commodities trading days and need to see "real" Japanese candles so I can understand price action. I tried to learn/understand Heineken Ashi candles but could not as, to me, the price action was hidden. I use price action to add on during the trend and enter and exit trades in conjunction with a semafor ball.

I live in Southern California (Pacific Coast time zone) so am not able to take advantage of trading after the "open" and can only trade the NY session. NY likes to counter trade the London trend and many times does "Stop Runs" so I have to quickly "get in the minds" of NY "big boy" traders. The NY over lap with London seems to be where all the action takes place and dies off after London close but after 2/3 hours, all the profits have been banked anyway.

I only trade GBP pairs as they have the most volatility and determine what the "big boys" are focusing on by measuring the London range of each pair.

I am sure your semafors and other indicators are way ahead of what I am using so I will download your latest stuff and run them in parallel with my "stone age kindergarten" strategy and report back if that is OK with you.

To answer your question though, "Trading off the 2nd dot ("2" blue ball) is VERY profitable.

Cheers,

Rob
Attachments
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post (total 4):
RobertPoznan, Sadgebrowne, traderokey, tokjanggut
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:04 am Here, you can see the trade more clearly...

Hope this helps.
Xard777
Based on your pictures you enter the sell trade when you have blue background? or you wait until its will be red?