Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Castle73 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 pm I've notice you've been posting some trading charts using Xard V39. Have you made the switch to the new version? Or do you still use V20/30 with the TMA channel? I've been testing both v39 and your version and haven't landed on which I like best. Both are excellent.
Still working on that system, I haven't bothered to post anything in that thread when there is no interest. I will probably delete it soon.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Jedidiah
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:50 pm Semafor Alert

For those who requested the Semafor Alert here it is, just drop it on your chart and it should be good to go for V39. It is actually a ZZ indicator with a button to hide the ZZ if you wish. If hidden you will still receive an alert when a new ZZ/Semafor appears.

The ExtDepth can be changed to any value if you are using settings other than Xards v39. This is a stand-alone indicator and can be used with any other indicators.

It is a ZZ Indicator with the alerts, email and notifications added. When a new ZZ/Semafor appears it will alert you and suggest you consider taking profit. It will only give one alert each time a new ZZ line/Semafor appears.

You could add the indicator to your chart more than once and change the ExtDepth for different ZZ lines if you want alerts for each of them.
It was fantastic. Thanks to fourxxxx for the alert version
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
XXXX, Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:50 pm Semafor Alert

For those who requested the Semafor Alert here it is, just drop it on your chart and it should be good to go for V39. It is actually a ZZ indicator with a button to hide the ZZ if you wish. If hidden you will still receive an alert when a new ZZ/Semafor appears.

The ExtDepth can be changed to any value if you are using settings other than Xards v39. This is a stand-alone indicator and can be used with any other indicators.

It is a ZZ Indicator with the alerts, email and notifications added. When a new ZZ/Semafor appears it will alert you and suggest you consider taking profit. It will only give one alert each time a new ZZ line/Semafor appears.

You could add the indicator to your chart more than once and change the ExtDepth for different ZZ lines if you want alerts for each of them.
dear FourXXXX and Xard
is it possible to modify the indicator so that there is a background in the respective color after each arrow?
In this case the base is a zigzag. As far as i know semafor is based on zigzag.

The values ​​should be configurable also the symbols and size.
I know that xard already realized this in the release 'XU-13 Xard universe'.
This is how you have a perfect standalone semafor indicator.

PS. I think that the source code is by you
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 5):
Jedidiah, oskar656, W35, jmonts, Resilient2win
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

marwilli wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:37 pm dear FourXXXX and Xard
Of course you can now ask, why don't you use XU-13?
a reason:
the performance of XU setups is not so good on computers with a weaker CPU. if you have 3-4 charts open, the cpu load is too high.
Although some functions can be hidden in the setups, they are still calculated in the background by the CPU. For example Xmath or daily open line/(zigzag cannot be hidden although an option is available).

another reason:
there are many users who do not have a 60 inch monitor at their disposal.
for me, the XU setups are not filigree enough to scale them to a smaller monitor. see picture
but ultimately it is individual and a matter of taste.

Not that we misunderstand each other. I like xard setups a lot. The ideas and implementation are great.
You only have to rebuild them on weaker systems in order to better adapt them individually.

I also think that xards setups should encourage you to build a suitable setup yourself. Or if they are best for you to trade profitable.
Everyone trades differently.
In other time frames or/and with other intentions (swing/day trading).
Attachments
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, jmonts, dansmol
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently