Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

traderokey wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:57 am Excellent work from Xard.

Just discovered this thread yesterday in what is supposed to be my last chance at forex trading. I've been bingeing on this thread since yesterday, starting from page 113 backwards. I'm now on page 67, taking notes as I go. I've also started reading up on PowerDash and Murrey Math Lines. Something tells me this may be the turnaround I've been looking for. Hopefully I'm right this time.

I added the Xmas edition to my MT4, specifically the "XARD TRADING 5MIN" template. The Murrey/Octave Math lines display okay. However, the labels are missing. I've checked the properties and even recreated the template on a fresh chart but no luck. Does anybody know how I can get the labels back (1/8th, 2/8th, 3/8th etc)?

Traderokey

XARD Xmas Edition - GBPUSD M5.PNG
They are not missing, Just go to the settings indicatot, and turn them to true, They are set to false.

Regards
These users thanked the author markstep for the post:
StuartWong

traderokey wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:57 am Excellent work from Xard.

Just discovered this thread yesterday in what is supposed to be my last chance at forex trading. I've been bingeing on this thread since yesterday, starting from page 113 backwards. I'm now on page 67, taking notes as I go. I've also started reading up on PowerDash and Murrey Math Lines. Something tells me this may be the turnaround I've been looking for. Hopefully I'm right this time.

I added the Xmas edition to my MT4, specifically the "XARD TRADING 5MIN" template. The Murrey/Octave Math lines display okay. However, the labels are missing. I've checked the properties and even recreated the template on a fresh chart but no luck. Does anybody know how I can get the labels back (1/8th, 2/8th, 3/8th etc)?

Traderokey

XARD Xmas Edition - GBPUSD M5.PNG
Update:
After further testing, I noticed that the MMath labels display correctly for indices, commodities and cryptos except currencies.
Xard, could you please check why the labels are not being displayed for currency pairs? Thanks.

traderokey wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 am

Update:
After further testing, I noticed that the MMath labels display correctly for indices, commodities and cryptos except currencies.
Xard, could you please check why the labels are not being displayed for currency pairs? Thanks.
Yep, same here, I have asked multiple times since the Christmas Edition surfaced, all conditions have been met, settings are OK. Unfortunately there's no reaction, it might be more difficult to fix it than we think.

jgxpro wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 pm
Yep, same here, I have asked multiple times since the Christmas Edition surfaced, all conditions have been met, settings are OK. Unfortunately there's no reaction, it might be more difficult to fix it than we think.
I've found a temporary solution. Create two templates; one for indices and another for currencies. Use "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" (from older editions) for currencies and then use "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" (from the Xmas edition) for indices and commodities.

Update:
The difference is that "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" refreshes automatically every 5 minutes while "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" will take a little longer for MT4 to refresh it especially after a sharp move in lower TFs. You can also manually refresh it. I only noticed this because I'm studying each indicator to see what they are doing before I go live. You can drop each indicator on M1 chart in a fast moving currency pair to see how the signals are changing.

"!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" and "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" look similar. The alternative is to have them both in the same template for currencies, so you both get the labels displayed and also have the charts automatically refreshed.

Hi Draxill & Xard,
I understand this is a trend following strategy and that Xard doesn't use the Power Dash any longer. However, I've been looking at the Power Dashboard and studying how the different parameters react to price action. I notice few deep counter-trend mini cycles within a major trend cycle. What do you do at those points? Take profit or join the counter trend for a quick scalp? I'm looking at BSr for example. Sometimes, divergence of BSr from price (or rather BSr from Rst) may signify a temporary halt in a trend or a start of a major reversal.

Just trying to run this through the house to ensure I'm not over thinking things as a newbie :)

traderokey wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:58 pm Hi Draxill & Xard,
I understand this is a trend following strategy and that Xard doesn't use the Power Dash any longer. However, I've been looking at the Power Dashboard and studying how the different parameters react to price action. I notice few deep counter-trend mini cycles within a major trend cycle. What do you do at those points? Take profit or join the counter trend for a quick scalp? I'm looking at BSr for example. Sometimes, divergence of BSr from price (or rather BSr from Rst) may signify a temporary halt in a trend or a start of a major reversal.

Just trying to run this through the house to ensure I'm not over thinking things as a newbie :)
it is probably overkill, underneath these are just a derivative of price and price and time is all you have top layer at retail spot.
any indicator is always going to be behind price.
These users thanked the author francisfinley stimpy for the post:
traderokey

traderokey wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks a lot. I thought as much.
note your timeframe too.

I notice people are on 1,5,15,30,60 on this thread when most of the indicators are only confirming at 240 (that comes with its own bundle of problems with mt4) then the reads of those breakout dash'ss''ss's are from D1 - and remember what i said a few posts back about how they are constructed bid/ask ratio etc.