Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

msbh wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:19 pm Nice and quick trade :thumbup:
Good trade Norman :clap:
What Moving Average setting you used for the 2nd sub window indicator?
Its the same indicator. RSI MA1.But I was the problem the MTF not work for me. If I set any TF I see only the current TF. So I wanted to see the 2nd upper tf in my case the 15 minutes.
Its 9x15 =135. And in this case its willl not repaint the 15 bars back and showing the same. Because 9 means its calculates from 9 bars back. On 15 minutes its also 9 bars and to see the 15 mins on 1 minutes with 9 bar calculation its 135.
135 is also good for 5min because its 5x15= 75 which is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Its almost the the 2nd upper TF. You can play with it.
Attachments
These users thanked the author normannasty for the post (total 2):
msbh, RomanUkraine

normannasty wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:05 am Its the same indicator. RSI MA1.But I was the problem the MTF not work for me. If I set any TF I see only the current TF. So I wanted to see the 2nd upper tf in my case the 15 minutes.
Its 9x15 =135. And in this case its willl not repaint the 15 bars back and showing the same. Because 9 means its calculates from 9 bars back. On 15 minutes its also 9 bars and to see the 15 mins on 1 minutes with 9 bar calculation its 135.
135 is also good for 5min because its 5x15= 75 which is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Its almost the the 2nd upper TF. You can play with it.
Thanks Norman :) :thumbup:

maroka wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:11 am Note: When using MTF on lower timeframes, you'll notice it recalculates.. most often when you get a colour change on the lower tf, you'll need to wait for the higher tf candle to close to confirm the change...
Thanks for the headsup maroka, I will keep an eye on it when trading next week. That said, I mostly use the 5m with no mtf. However, I tend to use the mtf on 1min as additional confirmation for multi-trades.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 11):
maroka, BeatlemaniaSA, stond, msbh, juanlu999, Skyold, dansmol, yoki, Vannaro Uch, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:24 am Thanks for the headsup maroka, I will keep an eye on it when trading next week. That said, I mostly use the 5m with no mtf. However, I tend to use the mtf on 1min as additional confirmation for multi-trades.
Xard777
How about multiplying the MA by 5?
XARD: That is what I usually do when there is no mtf function coded but this mtf rsi version has the interpolate function so you do not get the step graphics, so I will go with that for now.

Edit: Okay 👍🏽

xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:24 am Thanks for the headsup maroka, I will keep an eye on it when trading next week. That said, I mostly use the 5m with no mtf. However, I tend to use the mtf on 1min as additional confirmation for multi-trades.
Xard777
As always you are continously trying to improve the system in an effort to help us make it in this volatile market.

I noticed in your last screenshot of the set up you are including a line with a note : XARD COMPOUND ENTRY.

Can you please explain how it works? what is its basis?