MagnifyRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

XARD777 - Been following this for a while, thank you for what is no doubt a lot of selfless and generous effort. I have a question around the setup in general, I am a huge advocate for taking ADR into account, and I am curious at what settings you use. My trading was improved when I started using Daily and Weekly range, Daily on a 5 period and weekly on a 4 representing their calendar cycles. For example, your system gave a solid sell signal today on E/U 1H, and your ADR demonstrated there was room to the downside. The 5 period ADR I was looking at in another chart showed price hard against the ADR low for today.

I know there are 100 truths and different things work for different people, I am just very keen to understand your thinking behind what is clearly a well thought through piece of work.

I also think it is prudent to say that price eventually broke through the 5 period ADR low and ended up a nice little trade :) Which I had live.

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

li yu cen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Hello Mr. XARD777! There are two details, and it is my personal request: 1. When selecting the Japanese candlestick, the background color can only be the default black (20.20.40). Please add the color setting option of this question, or always keep it. The color of the background is the same; (Is not relevant topic: I personally choose the Japanese candlestick, and then add a Heiken Ashi indicator with a switch button, it is convenient to switch between the two). 2, (TMA BAND 2) color is the default white (Snow), please add the color setting option, so I can choose the white background; for the above two points, no matter whether you make changes, thank you for your selfless contribution!GBPNZDH1.png
Update
To change HA to std Candles set showHA to false and change chartMODE=CHART_LINE to CHART_CANDLES or simply set showHA to false and add your own candle indy to the setup.
You can also change color and width of TMA1 line and TMA2 line
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
twix, Jimmy, RplusT, mtp, Skyold, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

rogerha wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:49 pm Just noticed after re reading the entire thread that the answer to my question is in the thread, ADR is based on yesterday range. Apologies for asking a stupid question 😉
//+---ADR------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
ADR1=0; ADR5=0; ADR10=0; ADR20=0; ADRavg=0; int a,b,c; int ypos=0;
ADR1=(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1));
for(a=1;a<= 5;a++) ADR5= ADR5+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,a)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,a));
for(b=1;b<=10;b++) ADR10=ADR10+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,b)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,b));
for(c=1;c<=20;c++) ADR20=ADR20+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,c)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,c));
ADR5=ADR5/5; ADR10=ADR10/10; ADR20=ADR20/20; ADRavg=(((ADR1+ADR5+ADR10+ADR20)/4))/Point/pipsize;
double avYest=(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1))/Point/pipsize; color colorDAV=LimeGreen;
if(ADRavg>avYest){colorDAV=DarkOrange;} iPanel(ID+"Xard15",52,280,"ADR",10,"Arial Bold",clrSnow);
iPanel(ID+"Xard16",14,280,DoubleToStr(ADRavg,0),11,"Arial Bold",colorDAV);

ADR is not yesterday range.... ADR = ADRavg=(((ADR1+ADR5+ADR10+ADR20)/4))/Point/pipsize;
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 2):
rogerha, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

As above - Pava/Moey_dw absolutely right. Repainting is the most overused nonsense word in forex forum land.
If you have a non repainting system that nails every turn - what do you have? You have something else teams and teams of people that spend hundreds of millions on - hundreds of thousands of analysts, quants, traders, researchers etc don't have. It will never ever exist on an internet forum for free - why do people keep going on about it?

As I've said before there are two parts to this game...

1) Analysis
2) Trading (execution)

I am absolutely useless at 2) and this makes you go round in circles thinking its the system blaming everything on the screen/system. It isn't, IT'S YOU.

I have said before read/listen/watch Mark Douglas, then, use this system to perform your analysis and pull the trigger.
Xard777 systems are up there with the best you will find for free on any trading forum on the internet - I've seen them all - really I can only be behind xard, mladen and mntiwana now lol

it is a pointless exercise trying to circle a circle. At some point you have to take whats in front of you and pull the trigger.

If you don't make money its not the system at fault. The fault lies between the keyboard and chair.
These users thanked the author francisfinley stimpy for the post:
ardalan1991