Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Chilling on a Saturday afternoon on my leather recliner reading "Too Big To Jail", (gone old school with a hardback copy) about the world's local bank HSBC and the biggest drug-trafficking organization in the world. It is amazing how not one banker went to jail and that their 1.9 Billion dollar fine amounted to only five weeks' worth of profits.
Xard777

If in the very near future the banks decide to (temporary) hold onto your money and allow you access to it via the ATM at say 300 buckeroos per day then those of you that have say 100k in their accounts would have to allow the best part of a year to get their funds out of the bank that is providing the ATM spits cash out every day. Other account holders with way more money, well you are just royally fucked to put it politely. Also, how much would those funds be worth during a period of hyperinflation?

Just remember cash is trash, paper money (Fiat) intrinsic value always goes back to ZERO (There has never been fiat currency that has not). Also, paper currencies is NOT money, they are the illusion of money based on faith, and when (not if) people lose faith in their currencies, that is when hyperinflation takes over very quickly.

Hard assets (your house, rental properties, and businesses) are only good if they are invisible (hidden behind an LLC), paper treasury notes are worthless.
Only metal wins out the test of time (Gold & Silver, that is your real money). The worst thing that the US did was come out of the gold standard (they did not have a choice as they did not have enough gold to pay the bearer due to all the excess printing of US Dollars - Stupid is what Stupid does and Big government is Big on Stupid).

In 1913 the Dollar was worth a Dollar, four years ago a dollar was worth 2 cents, under resident Biden your guess is as good as mine. The more a government debases its currency (prints more) the less you can buy with it (and resident Biden has printed a shit load of it - for every action there is a reaction and those chickens are coming home to roost).

Quantitative Easing (QE) gave us an abundance of printed dollars that the banks used as liquidity to give out loans, mortgages, and record bonuses. The end result, was the 2008 crisis followed by QE2, QE3...

Now we have Quantitative Tightening (QT), and the Feds are buying back the bonds (100+ million per month and more). Add inflation to the mix and we have the perfect recipe - just sit back and watch the souffle hit the fan :-)
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

The Federal Reserve is an independent entity established by the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. At that time, President Woodrow Wilson wanted a government-appointed central board, but Congress wanted the Fed to have 12 regional banks to represent America's diverse regions. The compromise meant that the Fed has both. Coincidently, 1913 was the last time that the Dollar was worth one Dollar.
Xard777

Also, this time period (1913) was when US citizens were informed that they would have to start paying taxes to pay for the accumulated interest + debt that would come about from freeing the economy from the gold standard, well, maybe Big government did not put it that way per se :-)))
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post:
Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

IdeaRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hello all ... I may have missed it somewhere in here but would somebody please advise the number of days that are used or the actual method for calculating the ADR in XARD's system. Thanks for any help

XARD: Here you go...

Code: Select all

ADR1=0; ADR5=0; ADR10=0; ADR20=0; ADRavg=0; int a,b,c; int ypos=0;
                             ADR1=(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,1));
   for(a=1;a<= 5;a++)  ADR5= ADR5+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,a)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,a));
   for(b=1;b<=10;b++) ADR10=ADR10+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,b)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,b));
   for(c=1;c<=20;c++) ADR20=ADR20+(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,c)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,c));
   ADR5=ADR5/5;  ADR10=ADR10/10;  ADR20=ADR20/20;
   ADRavg=(((ADR1+ADR5+ADR10+ADR20)/4))/Point/pipsize;

Yaya20 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:08 am Dear thread friends :)

I've tried to find a file that explains entry/exit rules for the system for quite a while..but didn't get anywhere.. so, a few questions :

1. What's the difference between all the systems ? are they built on one another ?
2. Could anyone point out to a post or file with indicator explanations... entry, exit etc..

Really appreciate your time and help ! :star: :)
Don't waste your time!!
There is no system provided here, no exact rules for entry/exit, no rules for avoiding bad trading situation etc.
There are only a bunch of different indicators scrambled together, which only several people know or do not know how to use correctly.

You might try to read this thread several times, end up wasting your time and energy, which I did.
These users thanked the author fireflyk for the post:
Yaya20

If you have read this thread several times and have not found rules for entry etc., the problem is probably not the system.

A system, BTW, based on diagonal/horizontal support and resistance. Anybody else here old enough to remember when support and resistance were considered building blocks of successful trading?
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 2):
xard777, Jedidiah

Any support/resistance can be broken - so called "continuation thinking" is quite dangerous when playing the markets. For me, these kinds of limiting concepts do not exist at all.

The colleague above is somewhat correct in that he didn't get anything out of this subject besides indicators and a general outline of entries - but that was probably the goal.

The system itself is not supposed to tell you when to add to a position, how to manage the size of the position, how to manage your money, when to exit a position at a loss, when to take a day off and not play at all, etc. Trading is not really about finding the perfect entry every time (which is impossible), it is about managing yourself - but most will never understand that.

Personally, I implemented into my way of playing what I found interesting, the rest I discarded. And looking at some screens of the topic creator after some time I came to the conclusion that I have no idea how he makes decisions - my entries earn, but certainly not 200, 300 or 400% a day.

I recommend everyone to read (and listen to) Mark Douglas if anyone here by some miracle hasn't already done so: This video is also worth watching:
These users thanked the author kowal81 for the post (total 2):
oskar656, Sadgebrowne

Thanks for such a prompt reply XARD. I have zero experience with code. Should we treat this as a 5 period ADR? Thanks again
XARD: The Average Daily Range (ADRavg) is calculated from this formula... ADRavg=(((ADR1+ADR5+ADR10+ADR20)/4))
which adds the ADR of Day1 plus ADR of day5 plus the ADR of day10 plus the ADR of day20 altogether, takes that total figure, and divides it by 4 to give us our mean ADRavg for that period.

Use the Range as a Guide for Profit Targets
Using the range as a guide for profit targets will allow you to hold a position and gauge the market’s reaction when it gets there. If it continues, you can hold. And what if it shows signs of exhaustion? You can be sure that the volume for that particular currency/index has dried up at around the usual levels.

This strategy will also allow you to calculate your entries into the market with much more clarity. If you see that the pair/index has already ran most of its range, you might reconsider entering the market at that point, for fear of the market correcting and retracing from the highs / lows. This will also save you from losing trades and pips.

The best way to become comfortable with this concept is to apply it to your charts and practice. (This is true for most trading concepts.) Watch the reactions that occur at these areas when you use them as profit targets. Remember that this should be part of the entry decision process, rather than a simple ‘enter here’ method.

Use the average daily range purely for profit targets. Do not try to cram it into every possible trading scenario.

After a few weeks you will start to see the power and effectiveness of the daily range, but only when used correctly!
These users thanked the author Ricstar_8 for the post (total 4):
iPar, excellence, ahmednegm, StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 am The Federal Reserve is an independent entity established by the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. At that time, President Woodrow Wilson wanted a government-appointed central board, but Congress wanted the Fed to have 12 regional banks to represent America's diverse regions. The compromise meant that the Fed has both. Coincidently, 1913 was the last time that the Dollar was worth one Dollar.
Xard777

Also, this time period (1913) was when US citizens were informed that they would have to start paying taxes to pay for the accumulated interest + debt that would come about from freeing the economy from the gold standard, well, maybe Big government did not put it that way per se :-)))
Dear Xard,
Can you add two more spaces for fibo level to your ADR indicator,
I am using the version which is converted into button...
Xard I am confused this indicator shows different levels in two different brokers.
Check below images of today XAUUSD on M5.
Edit: Solution found to use other version which shows same on both brokers... but can you fix calculations for the one I attached