Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

sgarr wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:47 pm good morning i could know the name of this indicator thanks?
I don't know why XARD would want to use this indicator... It is unreliable, unpredictable and not even properly coded perhaps..... Waddah Attar's explosion/volatility indicator would have been a far better choice...... But who know What XARD Sees in this indicator...... It indicates spiking behavior in price at extremes which in turn signal reversal but I have found it useless.... Hope it quells your curiosity....

samxtrader wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:25 am For those of you looking for a Compounding spreadsheet , This you can edit yourself for starting balance and the rest of it.
Enjoy
Can you please put together a spread sheet based on depreciation (as against compounding)?
I have located the formula, but I am an Excel novice. Corresponding graphic is also located. But unable to find the kind of spreadsheet with starting balance (for counting drawdown) .

Let ne check:
for 40% losses gains to substitute must be . . . . %

To loss:
B1*(1-L%/100) = B2 --------------(1)

To retain:
B1 = B2*(1+P%/100) ----------------(2)

divide (1) by (2)
(B2*(1+P%/100))*(1-L%/100) = B2

(1+P%/100)*(1-L%/100) = 1

(1+P%/100) = 1/(1-L%/100)

P%/100 = 1/(1-L%/100)-1

P% = 100 * [ 1/(1-L%/100)-1 ]

substitute L% by 40

P% = 100 * [ 1/(1-40/100)-1 ]

P% = 100 * [ 1/0.60-1 ] = 66.67%
Attachments

tomsabo wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:09 am IMO 100% a day is impossible on a constant basis. Period.
You have to risk your whole capital every day and I try to put it in a polite way, but that is insane. Even if you "play" with a 1000 account.

Yes, technically you can make 100% even on one trade I agree, but NEVER on a constant daily basis, especially not the way how easy it is described in an excel sheet.

You would have to take on soooooo much leverage and risk, that you can be a superb trader, you will blow your account pretty soon.

For example, making "only" 1% per day!! constantly is a huge challenge! Just think about it, even if you are making around 20% per month on a constant level you can buy a country in a few years.

To me, it seems like some people are totally not clear about Risk Management. You CAN NOT predict a trade, you can only control risk.

Again no offense, just wanted to add my thoughts, but I guess this post might get deleted by mods.
I think like you. People who risk high, lose a lot.
I prefer to be chatty and be consistent over the long haul.
I seek 1% per day, average of 20% per month. Sometimes I used to do 0.5% a day, but it's ok for me, I'm alive in the market, that's what matters.
I went from $1900 to $5200 in one year. I know it's not much, but I'd rather not be greedy and be consistent in the long run. I never had DD greater than 12%.
I did a few posts last year showing some entries, modest but consistent profit.
Ah, sure, real account.

No greed. No fear. Just math.
These users thanked the author tonnogueira for the post:
tomsabo