Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Penuelophir wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:01 am Thank you for explaining things to me and I will go through the thread again because I have gone through it before but I am yet to fully understand it and as such I will go through it again.
All the answers are there if you go looking. I have seen comments from Xard earlier this year that if the candles change colour against you get out immediately, don't wait to be stopped out. Here is what Xard said almost 2 years ago to the day.

"XARD: I am the wrong person to ask about stops, I do not use stops in my trading. When I take a trade I sit on it and manage it the whole way. If the trade is not going my way I pull the plug and sit on the sidelines waiting... There is so much talk about brokers using stop hunting algos and the big banks and institutions faking moves in the opposite direction so they can get in on the main move action with multi billion dollar trades. Over time we tend to see these fake moves followed by massive moves in the direction of the main trend. That is why I create my setups to follow these main trends so that we get in on the action. In the past I too did use stops in my trading only to sit back and wait for my stop to be caught. I do not do that now. When I enter the trade it means that the market is moving in the direction of my trade and if it is not then I am out. Also, if a trade that I am in is slow or static for a while I am out. Sometimes, it pays to simply stay out and wait. If there are mixed signals on the chart I will not take the trade, instead I just sit there. When everything lines up and the market is moving in the direction of the main trend then I will not hesitate to pull the trigger. With stops I think we become lazy and too reliant on the stop when on hindsight we know that we should have been out of that losing trade ages ago. When we book a profit it no longer becomes house money, it's our money and to hell with giving it back."
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 5):
Penuelophir, gamerredd, Castle73, oskar656, Jedidiah
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 pm All the answers are there if you go looking. I have seen comments from Xard earlier this year that if the candles change colour against you get out immediately, don't wait to be stopped out. Here is what Xard said almost 2 years ago to the day.

"XARD: I am the wrong person to ask about stops, I do not use stops in my trading. When I take a trade I sit on it and manage it the whole way. If the trade is not going my way I pull the plug and sit on the sidelines waiting... There is so much talk about brokers using stop hunting algos and the big banks and institutions faking moves in the opposite direction so they can get in on the main move action with multi billion dollar trades. Over time we tend to see these fake moves followed by massive moves in the direction of the main trend. That is why I create my setups to follow these main trends so that we get in on the action. In the past I too did use stops in my trading only to sit back and wait for my stop to be caught. I do not do that now. When I enter the trade it means that the market is moving in the direction of my trade and if it is not then I am out. Also, if a trade that I am in is slow or static for a while I am out. Sometimes, it pays to simply stay out and wait. If there are mixed signals on the chart I will not take the trade, instead I just sit there. When everything lines up and the market is moving in the direction of the main trend then I will not hesitate to pull the trigger. With stops I think we become lazy and too reliant on the stop when on hindsight we know that we should have been out of that losing trade ages ago. When we book a profit it no longer becomes house money, it's our money and to hell with giving it back."
Dear Fourxxxx, Thanks for rephrasing the words of Xard777 again. When I read it, it makes me to see how we should be trading and I have really learned a lot from it.

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Musashi wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:08 pm Thank you Xard Sensei, for everything you do! <3

Hey everyone - hope you've all had a great week.

I was debating whether to post my summary for the week.

I subdued my gremlins and reminded myself of the ethos of the thread and Forex-Station in general: to give back and share.

Reviewing my trades and trading journal, it was overall a successful week :D :

:thumbup: - I was patient for the trades.
:thumbup: - I was not greedy (taking consistent small bites out of the market)
:thumbup: - I used the higher time frames for confirmation for lower timeframe entries.
:thumbup: - I disciplined myself to look for only 2nd dot entries (read 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, etc.), or Golden Nugget trades.
:thumbup: - I focused on one instrument (AUS200).

It was very messy though. I can see where and how I can make next week better.

Looking at the compounding spreadsheet every day helps to keep me focused and hopeful. Not keeping up on a daily basis but am getting closer.

SK, I'm super keen to look at pivot channel on the AUS200 next week. Some days definite trend days, some definite range days.

Constructive feedback is always welcome.
Cheers :problem:
Reading through the topic might seem impossible but it's worth it. You come across some great and inspiring posts such as this one above me.

There are a lot of legendary trading threads on the internet but XARD's thread is by far my all time favorite simply because we all feel like a big family in here :In Love:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
gamerredd, Musashi, Jedidiah
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Here is another golden nugget to use in your trading arsenal.
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:04 am Here is another golden nugget to use in your trading arsenal.
Xard777
You are the best Xard777 and thanks for sharing your trading methods. Please I want to find out if the 88 filter does recalculate or repaints?
Thanks for your help.
XARD: I imagine that everything repaints and especially with the Dow that can be in a New York minute. That is why we use cross of the Trend line and cross of the Level line so that should price revert back we can visually see and adapt accordingly.