Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

flandria wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:37 am Xard , forgot to ask but just noticed that it is the Daily Pivot and pivots on your Chart !?
XARD: Yes, it's Wyatt's Pivots indy which I got from sudhindragk to try out... they look quite good. I just dropped the channel background so we good see the pivot lines (basically, in a nutshell you are looking for a bounce or breakthrough). I will include it in the coming update with a template option.

Great ! thanks :thumbup:
I see ..... Price bounces between the Central Pivot Range !
CPR gives lot of useful information. Most of you will be knowing this. This is for the people who dont know :
1) Compare Today's CPR width with yesterday's width. If it is wider than yesterday's its going to be range day.
If its narrower its going to be trend day. You can easily back test this by setting the number of days to 20 ,40 etc.
2) CPR will also give you the bias. If it breaks then the bias changes.
Read the book i have recommended. Club it with Xard's system.

Besides this i use one other stuff which will be useful for trading indices. I will first discuss with XARD over this weekend.

Regards
Sk
These users thanked the author sudhindragk for the post (total 6):
kowal81, Musashi, LJC, maroka, satyafx, mcmstar

sudhindragk wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:25 am CPR gives lot of useful information. Most of you will be knowing this. This is for the people who dont know :
1) Compare Today's CPR width with yesterday's width. If it is wider than yesterday's its going to be range day.
If its narrower its going to be trend day. You can easily back test this by setting the number of days to 20 ,40 etc.

Besides this i use one other stuff which will be useful for trading indices. I will first discuss with XARD over this weekend.

Regards
Sk
Thanks ,
yes when I saw the Pivots it reminded me of the Fischer book you recommended earlier this week .
I started reading it yesterday , about the opening-range.

sudhindragk wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:25 am CPR gives lot of useful information. Most of you will be knowing this. This is for the people who dont know :

Regards
Sk
whats CPR?

Dondbaze wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:50 am Please what's the name of the book? Or have you got the pdf to share.? Thanks
Logical Trader:
Secrets of a pivot boss:
These users thanked the author kowal81 for the post (total 5):
Musashi, Dondbaze, Banzai, aneek229, RomanUkraine

chris006 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 am How many charts are open on each of the 5 MT4's and in total?
Of these charts, how many are running the xard dashboard and with how many symbols each?
(I believe the dashboard is the greatest resource hog in the package).
Also, if you could share a photo of the setup along with 4 screens that would be awesome..
I have had 10 or more running in each instance of MT4. Now I keep it to 6 or less as I have learnt it is far better to focus on Indicies. Nothing from Xard has been an issue on this PC, I have a X370 system with AMD 1600 CPU and 32 GB Ram, it does struggle if I start opening too many charts. That computer is just kept as a spare if something went wrong.
My main monitor is a 32" 4K with 2 X 27" 4K on either side of it and 4K 55" Aldi Tv mounted on the wall above. I use the TV for live trading and use the main monitor emails, youtube etc while trading, 2 monitors on either side for 1-hour charts etc. The TV is mounted at about 45 degrees so easy to view by glancing up a little or learning my chair back.

A big benefit for me is I can sit back far enough to not need reading glasses.
Attachments
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 11):
Musashi, Andrés49, sudhindragk, chris006, kowal81, Banzai, Skyold, aneek229, satyafx, Andres128, Jimmy
nil desperandum

Thanks for the info and for sharing the photo.
The photo is an inspiration for the future, hope to get here as well.
FourXXXX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm I have had 10 or more running in each instance of MT4. Now I keep it to 6 or less as I have learnt it is far better to focus on Indicies. Nothing from Xard has been an issue on this PC, I have a X370 system with AMD 1600 CPU and 32 GB Ram, it does struggle if I start opening too many charts. That computer is just kept as a spare if something went wrong.
My main monitor is a 32" 4K with 2 X 27" 4K on either side of it and 4K 55" Aldi Tv mounted on the wall above. I use the TV for live trading and use the main monitor emails, youtube etc while trading, 2 monitors on either side for 1-hour charts etc. The TV is mounted at about 45 degrees so easy to view by glancing up a little or learning my chair back.

A big benefit for me is I can sit back far enough to not need reading glasses.
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
XXXX