Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Maffe wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:28 am Hi,

From what I understand we use the semafor swings to locate entries and we wait for 2nd dot to confirm the major swing.

However I notice that the major swing can repaint by quite a significant amount of bars. How can I gain more trust in the semafor indicator?
Nope, you don't wait for the second dot to confirm a major swing but wait for the second dot to be confirmed. Otherwise you might be doomed as these Dots are high/lows and of course follow the price action and such move can go on and on and on.....I wouldn't call that repainting either as those Dots are not signals for an order entry at all.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
StuartWong

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Narkarn wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 am
hey try to get it on RAMDISK, and change priority in processes to high / real time if that dont work, try installing linux mint on VM then try it if it work switch to linux and use wine to install mt4.exe XARD told us MT4 runs bettter on linux then on windows
I tried all of the above and the lag on mine persisted...badly!....even went to the processor settings etc etc, stripped the charts etc etc...

In the end, I just reverted to the immediate Pre X-Mas edition and I've been good since!

I suspect one or more of the "On-Chart" indicators in the V2 - X-Mas 2020 edition has a bug in the code that needs looking into

As for Xard, may God Bless You abundantly for your efforts and contributions here !!!!

kjoni wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 pm

I tried all of the above and the lag on mine persisted...badly!....even went to the processor settings etc etc, stripped the charts etc etc...

In the end, I just reverted to the immediate Pre X-Mas edition and I've been good since!

I suspect one or more of the "On-Chart" indicators in the V2 - X-Mas 2020 edition has a bug in the code that needs looking into

As for Xard, may God Bless You abundantly for your efforts and contributions here !!!!
Hi.

Please advise me where I can find older versions.

Yours Sincerely

Maffe wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 am Anyone else getting problems that the new template slows down the terminal to much? Is it possible to load less candles or fix this somhow?
Hello, yes, it also happened to me and even blocked several times.
What I did, I took a new neutral template with nothing in it,
and I placed all the XARD indicators, saved the template and renamed it
"XU v2-Xmas 2020 Christmas Edition" as it is your new template and for me it works very well.

Good luck with it.
These users thanked the author Paddygir for the post:
francisfinley stimpy

RplusT wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Nope, you don't wait for the second dot to confirm a major swing but wait for the second dot to be confirmed. Otherwise you might be doomed as these Dots are high/lows and of course follow the price action and such move can go on and on and on.....I wouldn't call that repainting either as those Dots are not signals for an order entry at all.
@RplusT how do you manage that if you are willing to tell. So how do you confirm that 2nd dot is last one and wouldnt repaint? Thanks for the answer.

promixer wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 pm
@RplusT how do you manage that if you are willing to tell. So how do you confirm that 2nd dot is last one and wouldnt repaint? Thanks for the answer.

I avoid that and trade the first DOT...as my logic is, there is no second Dot without a first one...... :D :D
No, seriously, that's kind of difficult question, as everyone looks at things differently. But I should probably quote Xard for that. If I remember correctly, he said to wait for the price crossing the MA.
Big white Dots more or less coincide with SD levels. Thus we watch who wins the game and of course we have always the general direction of higher TF's in mind. That is also for Daytraders most important. Someone said, it's a Bull market (US30). Yes, we can see that. It means that my confidence in placing calls is higher, knowing that Puts are counter trades and may be short lived, but still make money.
Just rade what you see.
Today, US30...up to new highs again. 200 points is enough for a day trader...well at least for me. Not interested in shorts.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
stond, promixer