Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Xard's new version of the Semafor really got me hooked. I spent more time at the computer over the weekend, then I do when trading. I'm a firm believer in Empirical Science i.e. measurements or data collected through direct observation or experimentation. I have spent lots of time to figure out how to apply a wave structure theory to the market and find out the current position within that structure, which is most important. Sometimes wondering if such structure can be applied if price action is random? But then, Xard comes up with this new version of an indicator and suddenly it all falls in place. It's a real eye opener. Moving back and forth between the TFs from 1m to the highest, it's so easy to see the structure. I'm absolutely puzzled. This is not just an Indicator, it's a highly valuable tool, a real treasure. Well, at least I see it that way and want to express my gratitude to Xard by writing this comment. Thank you so much!
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 6):
Mustafa, Thangarasu, josi, Mundu19, Skyold, StuartWong

RplusT wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 pm Xard's new version of the Semafor really got me hooked. I spent more time at the computer over the weekend, then I do when trading. I'm a firm believer in Empirical Science i.e. measurements or data collected through direct observation or experimentation. I have spent lots of time to figure out how to apply a wave structure theory to the market and find out the current position within that structure, which is most important. Sometimes wondering if such structure can be applied if price action is random? But then, Xard comes up with this new version of an indicator and suddenly it all falls in place. It's a real eye opener. Moving back and forth between the TFs from 1m to the highest, it's so easy to see the structure. I'm absolutely puzzled. This is not just an Indicator, it's a highly valuable tool, a real treasure. Well, at least I see it that way and want to express my gratitude to Xard by writing this comment. Thank you so much!
Your glowing appreciation for Xard's untiring effort to give a valuable gift to all the traders is a testimony that the system is unmatched in giving a clear picture of the market. I never used multi timeframes approach to trading. Now I realize this is the best way to approach your trading. I have found 1H, 15M and 5M to be very useful in finding high probability trades. However, I still believe that the 1H signals can be made to appear on smaller timeframes in some form of mtf version of the 2nd dot edition. I hope some genius insights and creative thinking will work to make it possible... I am full of so many fears when I begin to trade. Now I am impatiently waiting for the next week to start trading and see the system in action on live market.
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 3):
Thangarasu, RplusT, StuartWong

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

The problem of altered colors is caused by mmath indicator.. I have installed a previous version of it to avoid this problem...The file attached doesn't modify my background and seems ok.
These users thanked the author gostego for the post:
Mundu19
Timing is all

Quando tutto sembrava perduto ho guardato in faccia la sconfitta e ho trovato la speranza

RplusT wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 pm Xard's new version of the Semafor really got me hooked. I spent more time at the computer over the weekend, then I do when trading. I'm a firm believer in Empirical Science i.e. measurements or data collected through direct observation or experimentation. I have spent lots of time to figure out how to apply a wave structure theory to the market and find out the current position within that structure, which is most important. Sometimes wondering if such structure can be applied if price action is random? But then, Xard comes up with this new version of an indicator and suddenly it all falls in place. It's a real eye opener. Moving back and forth between the TFs from 1m to the highest, it's so easy to see the structure. I'm absolutely puzzled. This is not just an Indicator, it's a highly valuable tool, a real treasure. Well, at least I see it that way and want to express my gratitude to Xard by writing this comment. Thank you so much!
I wonder why this semaphore is so special? This is just a semaphore ... Even if its parameters ideally fall into the market reversals today, it can be said with all certainty that this will definitely not happen tomorrow. Its not an adaptive indicator. The parameters of the zigzag can be twisted indefinitely, but unfortunately this will not make the zigzag smarter ...

And to be completely honest ... Sorry, but I don't understand why there is so much noise and joy around this release? Everyone is making noise, rejoicing .... Personally, I don't really understand the essence of this joy ... Someone tried to look inside the indicators to understand how it works now? This is the same system as in September. In this version of MAv3, Xard abandoned the idea of ​​matching the trend line of the minor TF with the signal line of the major TF. And...this is where the differences end ... Yes, two indicators have been added, which, through markers, show the second point (obviously for especially gifted people who have not learned to count to two). That's all...
If I understood correctly, then the direction of trade by the Xard's words is determined by the semaphores of older periods. But as I said, these are just semaphores. Imagine a long and drawn-out trend that will repaint the big semaphore 5 times or more day after day. And you will enter a pullback trade against the market every time with this approach. This problem was inherent in all previous setups, nothing has changed in this.
At the same time, I don't want to blame Xard in any way ... It's just that this is an almost insoluble problem. I have been struggling with a solution for several years now. A lot of options and approaches have been tried. Result - no solution. Nor is it in this setup. And words, like ... you need to look at the direction of the trend in the older TF's - these are just words ... Not words, this is an indicator on the chart that will clearly indicate when you can enter a trade, and when it is better not to do it. Here's an example ...

The system gives a clear buy signal from 3470. But you shouldn't do this ... The correct signal for Friday is sell from 3499, which appeared at the end of the day. Those who bought from 3470 were still very lucky that this false upside jump was quite high ... The most likely development of events in such cases is a passage up by 100-120 pips to collect all stops of the crowd, and then down with two or three candles approximately 100 pips each without any second points. This happened more than once and will continue to happen, and everyone who will simply trade using semaphores will always fall into these traps. So, excuse me friends, if I ruined anyone's anticipation of profitable trading next week ... But I'm such an asshole, I always tell the truth, sometimes at the most inopportune time for this.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
aaven, oskar656

ImpLaNT wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:24 pm

I wonder why this semaphore is so special? This is just a semaphore ... Even if its parameters ideally fall into the market reversals today, it can be said with all certainty that this will definitely not happen tomorrow. Its not an adaptive indicator. The parameters of the zigzag can be twisted indefinitely, but unfortunately this will not make the zigzag smarter ...

And to be completely honest ... Sorry, but I don't understand why there is so much noise and joy around this release? Everyone is making noise, rejoicing .... Personally, I don't really understand the essence of this joy ... Someone tried to look inside the indicators to understand how it works now? This is the same system as in September. In this version of MAv3, Xard abandoned the idea of ​​matching the trend line of the minor TF with the signal line of the major TF. And...this is where the differences end ... Yes, two indicators have been added, which, through markers, show the second point (obviously for especially gifted people who have not learned to count to two). That's all...
If I understood correctly, then the direction of trade by the Xard's words is determined by the semaphores of older periods. But as I said, these are just semaphores. Imagine a long and drawn-out trend that will repaint the big semaphore 5 times or more day after day. And you will enter a pullback trade against the market every time with this approach. This problem was inherent in all previous setups, nothing has changed in this.
At the same time, I don't want to blame Xard in any way ... It's just that this is an almost insoluble problem. I have been struggling with a solution for several years now. A lot of options and approaches have been tried. Result - no solution. Nor is it in this setup. And words, like ... you need to look at the direction of the trend in the older TF's - these are just words ... Not words, this is an indicator on the chart that will clearly indicate when you can enter a trade, and when it is better not to do it. Here's an example ...

Screenshot_706.png

The system gives a clear buy signal from 3470. But you shouldn't do this ... The correct signal for Friday is sell from 3499, which appeared at the end of the day. Those who bought from 3470 were still very lucky that this false upside jump was quite high ... The most likely development of events in such cases is a passage up by 100-120 pips to collect all stops of the crowd, and then down with two or three candles approximately 100 pips each without any second points. This happened more than once and will continue to happen, and everyone who will simply trade using semaphores will always fall into these traps. So, excuse me friends, if I ruined anyone's anticipation of profitable trading next week ... But I'm such an asshole, I always tell the truth, sometimes at the most inopportune time for this.
why was it a fake signal that was a beautiful buy