Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Mustafa wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 am

Forgive me for asking a very silly question but I am attaching a screenshot.... Can you mark the point 2 for me on this chart.... I would not want to waste your time but if you add any explanation, I will be obliged.... I am very new on this forum and just started using this system
This is how the 2nd dot work but you must give consideration the higher time frame example after you see the box as in your picture all your trades are down sell sell until you see the other box and you get the 2nd dot.

I have showed all the 2nd dots but you must consider where the box is as XARD suggests you can take all the possible 2nd dots after the arrow or the box but sometimes as in the picture the arrows coming from the up which i marked 2nd are also valid bcz if you go HTF like 15 M TF they will be small 2nd dot. i hope that clarifies a little.
Remember the 2nd dot also depends which time frame you are
Attachments
These users thanked the author fadhayemustafa for the post (total 4):
Mustafa, RomanUkraine, oskar656, StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 am Trade 4 SELL completes the first leg of the DOWN move.
Sell taken just as price crosses the BUY/Pivot line on the 15m chart.

Notice that both Trade 3 & Trade 4 SELLS were part of the DOWN move today which happens to be the Bigger Move DOWN than the up moves in this DOWN cycle... who knew.
All the best
Xard777

Please note,,, As we were Trend DOWN - No UP trades were taking. All 4 trades were DOWN Trades.

OOps!... I think I am in a different thread and talking to myself here... May be I am just going crazy
Thanks Xard for the updates of your trades ! Learned a lot the last days ...... And no , you're not talking to yourself :)

fadhayemustafa wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 am
This is how the 2nd dot work but you must give consideration the higher time frame example after you see the box as in your picture all your trades are down sell sell until you see the other box and you get the 2nd dot.

I have showed all the 2nd dots but you must consider where the box is as XARD suggests you can take all the possible 2nd dots after the arrow or the box but sometimes as in the picture the arrows coming from the up which i marked 2nd are also valid bcz if you go HTF like 15 M TF they will be small 2nd dot. i hope that clarifies a little.
Remember the 2nd dot also depends which time frame you are
I am really thankful that you explained so well. The main idea is clear now.... once the rectangular arrow appears, that signals a change in trend direction. All subsequent arrows can be taken as trade signals provided they come with other confirmations. Also got the point that since markets are fractal the cycles will be different for each timeframe. So it is better to use two timeframes like 5-15 or 15-60 in conjunction for better trading decisions.... thanks again.... clarified it for me...

I just realized that people do not understand that a pink dot can become a gray dot when price move lower/higher and the pink dot moves with price.
People think it is being redrawn, it is not, the gray dot was always there just underneath the pink dot. In my bid to tidy up the sequence by placing everything underneath each other I have manage to hide the obvious.

I used to show the different semafors with dots and circles, this way you were able to see all at the same time. I think I will go back to a similar system as it will probably make more sense when viewing live on the chart.
I will make the changes over the weekend then post an update so that everyone is on the same page with the trades on 15m and 1hr TFs
Xard777

Update.. Here is a chart showing the order of the semafors.
I just need to adjust the colour scheme so it is easier on the eye.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 14):
Dandanakka, stond, flandria, Castle73, fadhayemustafa, traderokey, alblive, Mustafa, thomdel, Mundu19, SWicak, Boobligoom, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 am I just realized that people do not understand that a pink dot can become a gray dot when price move lower/higher and the pink dot moves with price.
People think it is being redrawn, it is not, the gray dot was always there just underneath the pink dot. In my bid to tidy up the sequence by placing everything underneath each other I have manage to hide the obvious.

I used to show the different semafors with dots and circles, this way you were able to see all at the same time. I think I will go back to a similar system as it will probably make more sense when viewing live on the chart.
I will make the changes over the weekend then post an update so that everyone is on the same page with the trades on 15m and 1hr TFs
Xard777

Update.. Here is a chart showing the order of the semafors.
I just need to adjust the colour scheme so it is easier on the eye.
I added another semaphore indicator "with a small step - fast". In the settings, I left only point 2 as a recommendation.
Attachments