Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Sappyjay wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Thanks for this , so those cycles can last a few days and only trades in direction of arrow can be taken?

Can we take longs on smaller ZigZag lines whilst in the larger short cycle?

I also remember him saying only longs above daily open and only shorts below daily open but some of the best trend trades seem to form under daily open and vice versa?
You can take what you want but you most be experimented trader to take trades agains the trend. In the picture attached an entry that I personally would take despite being against the double ZZ
Attachments
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post (total 2):
Sappyjay, SWicak

I think for the first time ever I could make this system look like as it was intended by XARD on my FullHD, BUT laptop screen thanks to the *.mq4 files.

It took 'only' 2 hours including experimenting, and the following steps:

1 - setting the CLOCK to the right, so even the longer descriptions have space
2 - entering my broker's nomenclature into PANEL
3 - with correct pip values
4 - entering my broker's nomenclature into SYMBOL CHANGER
5 - setting smaller font, experimenting with best visibility on all timeframes, many instruments for OCTAVEMATH
6 - smaller sizes -> mini ADX SAR!, finding another arrow-like symbol font, as up arrow was OK, while down was always false (mystery)...
7 - find a way (finally) to be able to set the height of indicator window, when it's fixed in a version (both in template and .mq4) like for RSI this time
8 - experimenting with different HMA arrow colours, as the screeen is very colorful, they totally blended in (still not the easiest to spot them, but much better especially with lower arrows).

Small steps, but it feels much better being this slick :)

BTW Banzai: this test set-up is also on Oanda. Get into Market within the terminal itself, search for HMA Trend, and Download the Free version, and put it on chart that's all.

XARD: Cool, it's all about making it your own... nice.

Thx Xard, though I immediately combine RSI & HMA like on your pic gaining further precious space :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 2):
traderokey, stond

traderokey wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 am

Good job Jgxpro. How did you do step 7? Which file did you edit?
1. First I opened *.tpl file in text editor, and searched for RSI. There's a line called 'fixed_height', which I set to zero.
OR
2. Later I chose RSI indi in Navigator->Enter: MQ4 Editor: I also set the 180 window height to 0->Save->Delete RSI indi from chart->Restart MT4-> Add it back->save template.
If you need pics, I can post from desktop:)
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 2):
josi, traderokey

jgxpro wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 pm
1. First I opened *.tpl file in text editor, and searched for RSI. There's a line called 'fixed_height', which I set to zero.
2. Later I chose RSI indi in Navigator->Enter: MQ4 Editor: I also set the 180 window height to 0->Save->Delete RSI indi from chart->Restart MT4-> Add it back->save template.
If you need pics, I can post from desktop:)
Thanks, man, for helping us out there. I could never have done it on my own.
Still: the fantastically absurd question lingers: why would XARD not tell us himself that the subwindow had a fixed width and how to adjust it (more precisely: why would he ever consider a fixed width of a subwindow would work with everybody's hardware layout?)?

josi wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 pm
Thanks, man, for helping us out there. I could never have done it on my own.
Still: the fantastically absurd question lingers: why would XARD not tell us himself that the subwindow had a fixed width and how to adjust it (more precisely: why would he ever consider a fixed width of a subwindow would work with everybody's hardware layout?)?
You're welcome!
Don't be so grumpy, I guess he just forgot it, some versions are adjustable, some come fixed.
Why doesn't he deal with every frakking issue? I guess again: efficiency, that's how he could keep this process during longer term otherwise he would have already exploded :D He has always provided the essence and on several occasions he even provided help for the silly issues, but I think it's impossible to expect especially with grudge, rather:
1. ask for help, if it happens, happy
2. if not, try the harder way and figure it on your own, if success = even more happier
3. if it didn't work out, ask again, wait, or give it up, it's not the only key to your happiness and your trading success.
I like puzzles, so I generally start with 2, and what's most important: this active way is also better for your health :)
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 5):
vvFish, josi, Skyold, traderokey, Erebøs_X