Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

thiru wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 pm thanks for this xard777, yes its a good idea to use vpn for tv channels.. :)
love the yandex video popouts ... very nice.
and yes, never crossed my mind to trade indices .. looks like its the instrument to trade.. will look into that.. thanks for the idea again.
You could try this...
Get yourself a large Yearly Wall Planner from your local stationery shop.
Each trading day write your Daily Trading % Markup
i.e. Markup formula as follows... 100 / Startfund * Endfund - 100 equals your Daily % Markup
i.e. 100 / 10'000 *10'750 - 100 = 7.5%
At the end of each month tally all the daily markups and divide by the no. of trading days for that month.
You now have your mean daily % markup

You can now extrapolate this mean markup into the future to see possble future targets.
i.e if your mean MU is say 7.5% and there are 20 trading days each month then
Say a fund of 10'000 x 1.075 ^ 20 = 42,478 one month into the future
10'000 x 1.075 ^ 40 = 180,442 two months into the future

If your mean MU is 10%
10'000 x 1.10 ^ 20 = 67'275 one month into the future
10'000 1.10 ^ 40 = 452'592 two months into the future

At the end of the year if you tally up each months mean MU and divide by 12 this will give you your mean monthly MU which you can use for better future targets.
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 3):
2019hutanglunas, thiru, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Re: XARD v 52 crashes?

friend4you wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:24 pm I will test further more, if Linux Manjaro or Wine are part of the problem. Which Linux do you use?
Another thing that I do is I reboot my Linux Mint on a Sunday and add a RAMDRIVE and copy my MT4 over to it and run it from there.
As the 4 screens are displayed all at once I never have to change any of the screens. I only need to click on the selected screen then run a BUY, SELL or CLOSE script.
If you want to try the RAMDRIVE on your version of Linux just type in the following into your terminal.

sudo -s
sudo mkdir /tmp/RamDisk; chmod 777 /tmp/RamDisk
sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=2048M tmpfs /tmp/RamDisk/

Then just copy your MT4 folder into tmp/RamDisk and run it from there.

All the best
Xard777

PS Re the four screens, On the top left screen I run Borders indy plus PIP$ indy ( the Pip$ indy will only show correct on Indices)
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post:
Jedidiah

xard777 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 am

You could try this...
Get yourself a large Yearly Wall Planner from your local stationery shop.
Each trading day write your Daily Trading % Markup
i.e. Markup formula as follows... 100 / Startfund * Endfund - 100 equals your Daily % Markup
i.e. 100 / 10'000 *10'750 - 100 = 7.5%
At the end of each month tally all the daily markups and divide by the no. of trading days for that month.
You now have your mean daily % markup

You can now extrapolate this mean markup into the future to see possble future targets.
i.e if your mean MU is say 7.5% and there are 20 trading days each month then
Say a fund of 10'000 x 1.075 ^ 20 = 42,478 one month into the future
10'000 x 1.075 ^ 40 = 180,442 two months into the future

If your mean MU is 10%
10'000 x 1.10 ^ 20 = 67'275 one month into the future
10'000 1.10 ^ 40 = 452'592 two months into the future

At the end of the year if you tally up each months mean MU and divide by 12 this will give you your mean monthly MU which you can use for better future targets.
All the best
Xard777
thanks xard777, will return to the drawing board and work out something new :)

xard777 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 pm I only trade HK50 & WS30 as they tend to be big movers and hitting my daily target is way easier than with currencies.
On a 55" or 65" TV screen you can easily setup the charts showing both 1hr & 5m TFs for HK50 & WS30.
You also have plenty of room on top for your browser (I use Yandex browser as you can pop the video screen out and still browse other sites).
On the browser go to http://watchnewslive.tv/ as you can watch live FOX BUSINESS, HBO, SHOWTIME, HGTV & many other channels while you wait for your trades to come around.
Enjoy
All the best
Xard777
xard777,
you may like this service too, got lots of financial news channels including bloomberg and the quality is good.
http://www.freeintertv.com/Main/
These users thanked the author thiru for the post (total 2):
xard777, Thangarasu

xard777 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:48 am
If you want to try the RAMDRIVE on your version of Linux just type in the following into your terminal.

sudo -s
sudo mkdir /tmp/RamDisk; chmod 777 /tmp/RamDisk
sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=2048M tmpfs /tmp/RamDisk/

Then just copy your MT4 folder into tmp/RamDisk and run it from there.

All the best
Xard777

PS Re the four screens, On the top left screen I run Borders indy plus PIP$ indy ( the Pip$ indy will only show correct on Indices)
Thanks, Dow is my favourite, too, beside GBP pairs, but it does not make 1000 pips often like as Trump escalated trade war with China. That ram-proposal limits your older bars over time, because RAM is always deleted after restart and therefore all changes on mt4 are gone. You will only see the often only last 5000 bars the brokers server provides. Does it make such a difference in mt4 speed on ram with only few charts?
Can you please post the bands indicator or at least the bar coloring indicator (with wicks and bar wideness at 2 preferrable) of last v52 system, maybe as mq4? That would help much with my crash problem on v52.

xard777 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 pm I only trade HK50 & WS30 as they tend to be big movers and hitting my daily target is way easier than with currencies.
On a 55" or 65" TV screen you can easily setup the charts showing both 1hr & 5m TFs for HK50 & WS30.
You also have plenty of room on top for your browser (I use Yandex browser as you can pop the video screen out and still browse other sites).
On the browser go to http://watchnewslive.tv/ as you can watch live FOX BUSINESS, HBO, SHOWTIME, HGTV & many other channels while you wait for your trades to come around.
Enjoy
All the best
Xard777
Thank you Xard777!! Which broker do you suggest to trade HK50 and WS30?

Regards

xard777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 am

Well, if you are serious about using ver 52 then may I suggest that you rename your current MT4 folder (add BAK) then d/l a new MT4 platform from your broker and add the two Indys plus template from 52 setup. Restart your new MT4 and make sure you are on D1 TF then choose your disired currency and choose the xardfx-52 template, it should appear right away, now change the TF to H4, then H1 working your way down to 1min. Then go back to D1 and repeat with all the currencies and indicies that you intend on using. Once done, you should not have any crashes or freezing problems.
All the best
Xard777
Hello, yes, I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it. Otherwise, thank you Xard, it's wonderful what you're doing.
PS: I translate with google translation

Paddygir wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 am Hello, yes, I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it. Otherwise, thank you Xard, it's wonderful what you're doing.
PS: I translate with google translation
OOps! Try the new version in the post below
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post:
Jedidiah