Re: Skimming Swallow - a Simple Trend Strategy

pacois wrote:Hi, if it helps here's an indicator
This really works with supporting with another indicator for 5min to 10min expiry (1min chart).  I did demo test is really wonderful results.
could possible to add the candle pattern confrimaton   in this indicator with one more arrow

candle pattern math below
hi
Is it possible to add candle pattern name and math below to add with the indicator and add one more arrow alert after pattren formation close price.

1) Bullish Engulfing  - ((O1 > C1) AND (C > O) AND (C >= O1) AND (C1 >= O) AND ((C - O) > (O1 - C1)))
2) Bearish Engulfing  - ((C1 > O1) AND (O > C) AND (O >= C1) AND (O1 >= C) AND ((O - C) > (C1 - O1)))
3) Dark Cloud - ((C1 > O1) AND (((C1 + O1) / 2) > C) AND (O > C) AND (O > C1) AND (C > O1) AND ((O - C) / (.001 + (H - L)) > .6))
4) Piercing Line  - ((C1 < O1) AND (((O1 + C1) / 2) < C) AND (O < C) AND (O < C1) AND (C < O1) AND ((C - O) / (.001 + (H - L)) > 0.6))
5) Bullish Abandoned Baby  - C2<O2 AND ABS(C2-O2)>(H2-L2)*0.50 AND H1>L2 AND (C1+O1)/2>=((H1+L1)/2)*0.40 AND (C1+O1)/2<=((H1+L1)/2)*0.60 AND
ABS (C1-O1)<= (H1-L1)*10 AND L>H1 AND C<O
6) Bearish Abandoned Baby  - ABS(C2-O2)>(H2-L2)*0.50 AND C2>O2 AND ABS(C1-O1)<= (H1-L1)*0.05 AND ((C1+O1)/2)-L1 >= (H1-L1)*0.40 AND ((C1+O1)/2)-L1 <= (H1-L1)*0.60 AND L1>H2 AND C<O AND H<L1 AND O>C2 AND (L>O2 OR C<L2)
7) Bullish Morning Star Doji - C2<O2 AND ABS(C2-O2)>(H2-L2)*0.50 AND H1<L2 AND ((C1+O1)/2)-L > (H-L)*0.40 AND ((C1+O1)/2)-L <(H-L)*0.60 ANDABS(C1-O1) < (H1-L1)*0.20 AND C>O
8)Bearish Evening Star Doji - ABS(C2-O2)>(H-L)*0.50 AND C2>O2 AND ABS(C1-O1)<(H1-L1)*0.05 AND (H1-L1)<(AVGH21.1-AVGL21.1)*0.20 AND O1>C2 AND C<O

see the snap

Attachments
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

Krelian99 wrote:You have a very basic channel scalping thing there. Feel free of adding indicators or TA techniques, but I doubt that a Hi-Lo-repainter and reversal candle sticks help you in a trend following environment.
Krelian,
i got one indicator version 7 of candle stick whcih was update by mr.tools.  See the my experiement in this logic. but needs to more tests..

"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Krelian,
i got one indicator version 7 of candle stick whcih was update by mr.tools.  See the my experiement in this logic. but needs to more tests..

Are you trading/testing on demo too,and when you enter and exit,if by arrows or buy red/blue lines or by doji candles
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

There is nothing wrong about candle sticks when you know how to use them, e.g. a doji is either a sign of reversal or continuation. The Hi-Lo-Channel is the problem. It repaints the last dist/2 bars, default 12. It kills your account when the reversal was just a short retracement. I saw once a setting with Donchian Channels, but I don't like indis for showing me the High and Low of a period. But the indi pacois posted there looks only good in history.

I use another JCS indi. I attach it.
The following pic is a scalping setup. When the odds are in your favor, here JCS and divergences, go in. Trend continuation patterns with the original rules or changed to more aggressive. You also can take the reversal/retracement patterns, but this is a bit more risky. I'm fan of the RSI of MACD double.