Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 am
Ok, I am finished for the day, the sun is out and the pubs are calling.
As usually don't go chasing it and being greedy.
Simply keep taking some meat off the bone, and you will find that it all adds up.

Xard777
Hi Xard,
in the XU-32 version I do not have such semapfore dots?
You are showing XU-33 version. Does the semafore have different settings than the XU-32 version?
The XU-33 also has waiting candles.

stond

Xard: I like to keep improving with each newer update.
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg

oskar656 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:14 pm
Hi guys, I have a question.

Since we have been in a strong downtrend in SPX500 from May 5, there's an UP arrow that keeps going down everytime price breaks past low. So, I would like to know if even given this condition you take shorts or just wait until price crosses up EMA 42 after a second dot to take long trades.

Thanks.
Buy now.... it will work...

xard777 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 am
Ok, I am finished for the day, the sun is out and the pubs are calling.
As usually don't go chasing it and being greedy.
Simply keep taking some meat off the bone, and you will find that it all adds up.

Xard777
Dear Xard777
I see you sometimes you trade M1/M5/M15, so which condition to choose TF to trade?
Thank you.

phnthnhnm wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm
Dear Xard777
I see you sometimes trade M1/M5/M15, so which condition to choose TF to trade?
Thank you.
I like trading the 5min TF the best and in my setups lately, I have been bringing the 15min and the 1min TFs into my 5min trading arena, kind of like a one-stop-shop. Where the best turnarounds from the 15min and the best entries of the 1min all merge into the 5min TF making for a simpler trading workspace.
Xard777
Screenshot from 2022-05-13 15-31-41.png
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 am
I like trading the 5min TF the best and in my setups lately, I have been bringing the 15min and the 1min TFs into my 5min trading arena, kind of like a one-stop-shop. Where the best turnarounds from the 15min and the best entries of the 1min all merge into the 5min TF making for a simpler trading workspace.
Xard777
Really appreciate xard777 for making such a perfect, near holy grail trading system.
I downloaded the system and indicators that you have released all versions
I found it totally works on binary options. . ;)
When will the XU-33 version be released?
XARD: Probably on the 18th May
My Son, Conduct Your affairs with H u m i l i t y
and you will be L o v e d more than a giver of Gifts.
H u m b l e Yourself The More, The G r e a t e r You are,
and You will find M e r c y in The Sight of G o d
——Sirach Chapter 3(17-18)

xard777 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 am
Xard777
Xard, I've studied your work for quite some time now. Thank you for all your generosity. It's transformed my trading.

Quick question, You've mentioned once or twice that you have a "virtual" stop loss. Where do you usually set your virtual stop loss? Does price have to cross back over the 200 ma to bail on a trade?
XARD: I use the 42EMA as my virtual stop.

You could experiment with the Period settings until you match the dots in Xard's picture

stond wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 pm
Hi Xard,
in the XU-32 version I do not have such semapfore dots?
You are showing XU-33 version. Does the semafore have different settings than the XU-32 version?
The XU-33 also has waiting candles.

stond

Xard: I like to keep improving with each newer update.

XU-Semafor.png
XU-SEMAFOR button.mq4
(35.06 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

xard777 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:05 pm
Latest Update XU v32

The number one rule in the Market is when Price is Above the 200SMA to consider BUYING opportunities only and when Price is Below the 200SMA to consider SELLING opportunities only. This is the Industry Standard, so it makes sense to work off it and show it on the setup.
In the latest update, I decided to set the T2MA to 200SMA (Industry Standard).

As for the T1MA setting, I changed the T1MA to 42EMA as in “Life, the Universe, and Everything” which is forty-two (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). Works a charm.
So T2MA = 200SMA and T1MA = 42EMA.

Anyway, I tried it and the small Semafor tends to bounce off it just nice. Plus when you are trading you have the added knowledge when Price is Above/Below the 200SMA. How cool is that?

Regarding the RSi, I have added a simple RSI-coloured text (top-right of sub-window) showing when the RSI is above (Blue) trending UP, below (Red) trending down, and (Grey) in between.

I have dropped the ZZ1 Orange line in this setup as I feel it is not needed and is just overkill. We still have the Square Semafor in play.

This is my final setup which I have refined over the years to its original Simple Trend Following System to use when intra-day trading the markets.

May it be your roadmap and help you with your Directional trading and make you a boatload of Pip$ along the way.

There is no better feeling than being your own boss booking 50%, 60%, 70%, and 80% on a daily basis.
With Pip$ comes freedom and a whole lot more...
Enjoy!

Xard777
Hi Xard777. Thanks a lot for your system, I really like it, but the RSI Ma alarm doesn't seem to work, can you help fix him? Or can provide mq4 files? Thanks!

1. Similar Topics

1. SK XARD TRADING JOURNAL

49 Replies 5199 Views

by sudhindragk, Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:53 pm in Trading Journals

49 Replies
    2. XARD EX4 file issues

9 Replies 901 Views

by Philanthropy, Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:05 am in New Members & Common Forex Q&A's

9 Replies
    3. Simple MTF system

11 Replies 4817 Views

by ruudik, Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:21 pm in Trading Systems

11 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”

Users viewing this forum: Arestokrat, CommonCrawl [Bot], fantom_spb, gold, KAESER444, VanMar23, Wolfsteiner and 30 guests