Hackers steal over $600 million in crypto coins, return half of them back and say it’s all done “for fun”

Hackers stole a shocking 610 million US dollars from the Poly Network, then claimed they did “for fun” after returning half the money.
The thieves exploited a flaw in the code of the Poly Network, which is a decentralized finance platform – and made off with the above-mentioned 610 million US dollars. This has been estimated to be one of the biggest hacking attacks in cryptocurrency history.
After the deed was done, the Poly Network asked the thieves to please give the money back and surprisingly, they did return half of it.
In one of the crypto transactions there was an embedded Q and A session where someone who claimed to be one of the hackers said that they did it all “for fun”.
To quote:
When spotting the bug, I had a mixed feeling. Ask yourself what to do had you facing so much fortune. Asking the project team politely so that they can fix it? Anyone could be the traitor given one billion!”, the hacker said, adding that “I can trust nobody! The only solution I can come up with is saving it in a _trusted_ account while keeping myself _anonymous_ and _safe_.”
When asked why they returned the money they said: ““That’s always the plan! I am _not_ very interested in money! I know it hurts when people are attacked, but shouldn’t they learn something from those hacks?”
Frankly, I can’t take seriously the claims of people who keep 300 million US dollars in stolen money to themselves that they are not exactly interested in money.