Swede Sentenced to 15 Years of Prison Following a $16 Million Investment Scam

A Swedish man was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a US court for a Thailand-based scam for over 16 million USd dollars. The culprit, one Roger Nils-Jonas Karlsson, was convicted of securities fraud, money laundering and wire fraud after he was arrested in Koh Chang, a large Thai district back in 2019, following a warrant for his arrest issued by Interpol and he was subsequently handed over to American authorities.
The convict apparently solicited investors into buying shares by promising them that they would receive completely unrealistic returns for their investments. He claimed that he was selling gold-based investment derivatives for “great” profit returns. He actually promised a whopping 97% returns of funds if his gold scheme didn’t work out. This way he managed to defraud some 3500 people from 46 different countries.
Of course, most of the investments were in Bitcoin. He didn’t invest the money anywhere, he just spent them on luxuries for himself, including a racehorse.
Source
It's amazing how greed blinds people so much they fall for such obvious lies.

Re: Swede Sentenced to 15 Years of Prison Following a $16 Million Investment Scam

it boggles my mind that people still bother to run ponzi schemes like this, when all they have to do is to establish an offshore forex brokerage.

an offshore brokerage is a license to steal.

an offshore brokerage is a criminal's cash cow where nobody needs to go to jail.

believe me that the bad guys understand this, but the sheep just dont quite get it.

if i wanted to operate a criminal's cash cow, i would only need to have a metatrader server setup and to create a legit looking website...

when people deposit money with me, i would let them think that they are trading a live metatrader account, but they arent really... they are playing demo..

when they lose in their trading(like most people do) i can put their losses into my pockets.

if withdrawl requests become a burden for me, i can just steal ALL OF THE DEPOSITS AND CLOSE MY BROKERAGE and then rebrand it and rinse and repeat.

this is literally the perfect crime.

you would have absolutely no recourse, because you dont even know my address or what my name is, and even if you did know these things, wtf are you gonna do in this shithole third world country from which i am running this chop shop brokerage?
http://eaglefx.com

eaglefx is a perfect example... even tho they have banner ads plastered all over the forexpeacearmy.com website, they are registered to a HOTEL address on an island.. THEY CAN JUST RIP YOU OFF ANY TIME THEY GET READY TO.

SO, if you would like to setup a trading enterprise that literally craps money all over your pockets, just setup a chop shop metatrader brokerage, and where is a better place to promote it than at our favorite reviews website [url]http://forexpeacearmy.com[/url].

yes, i am suggesting that forexpeacearmy is involved in this criminal game.

please note that this is nothing negative about metatrader, lol... just because knives can be used to murder someone doesnt mean that all knives are bad.

if you enter this address of eaglefx into google maps,, you will see that it is registered to a HOTEL on an island.
These users thanked the author ziggy for the post (total 2):
ico111, Jedidiah

Re: Swede Sentenced to 15 Years of Prison Following a $16 Million Investment Scam

mlawson71 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:37 am People still fall for ponzi scams and scammers still bother conducting them, I guess? Where there are is money there are people to do it, unfortunately.
yes, there are fools born every minute... and i have been a fool at least a thousand times... nobody is immune..

but i think that most people are not aware that the offshore brokerages are really the crime of the century.

maybe if people knew, they wouldnt do it.

you know, the majority of people that get hooked on hared drugs, it is because they really are not aware that just one puff and it will own them..

most people dont know.

ziggy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:21 am yes, there are fools born every minute... and i have been a fool at least a thousand times... nobody is immune..

but i think that most people are not aware that the offshore brokerages are really the crime of the century.

maybe if people knew, they wouldnt do it.

you know, the majority of people that get hooked on hared drugs, it is because they really are not aware that just one puff and it will own them..

most people dont know.
What is your opinion on Prop Firms like FTMO, there is a sudden boom out there since FTMO launched 2 years or so ago.

DVanAssen wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:43 pm What is your opinion on Prop Firms like FTMO, there is a sudden boom out there since FTMO launched 2 years or so ago.
i dont remember if i commented about ftmo up above or not, but i have an extremely LOW OPINION of ftmo.

i make no bones about telling that i am an experienced criminal with almost a decade where i was deep in the bullshit, and so i speak the language of fraud a bit..

when i look at ftmo, i see a straight up SCREW YOU FUCK YOU FRAUD JOB.

they take the business of forex trading(which is already extremely difficult to win at) and then they sprinkle in some additional rules that turn difficult into literally impossible...

the end result is that they charge FEES and give you NOTHING...

whenever i encounter someone in a forum and he is blabbering on about how he is a live trader for FTMO, i ask him if he has any paper trail that he can show me that would provie that he is for really for real a live trader for ftmo and they always give me the SAME RESPONSE.

they alwyas say "I DONT HAVE TO PRO.VE NOTHING TO YOU!!!!!!"

yup, its a screw job.

and just look at their sparkling fancy testimonials on youtube, omg, they are ridiculously unrealistric.
i cant imagine how they could possibly get all of these people involved to lie like this, but isnt it just unrealistic that there is NO PAPERWORK TRAIL AND THERE ARE JUST SIMPLY SO VERY MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS FIRM'S OPERATIONS?
AND THESE MIRACLE WORKER TRADERS IN THESE TESTIMONIALS THAT ARE PULLING DOWN PROFITS THAT ARE SIMPLY UNHEARD OF...
I JUST DONT GET IT...

i remember the first company that i encountered that was pulling off this scam... it was so obvious to me... that it was a con job.

it seems almost impossible that they could find so many people that would perpetrate lies like this, but then again, does it seem so hard to believe?

i have briefly encountered real real PROS in the telemarketing business that can lie their way out of a tornado and then those timeshare people, omg..

yeah, there are people in this world that will stare straight into your eyes and lie like motherfuckers... and just seem sweet like tinkerbells..

These users thanked the author ziggy for the post (total 2):
DVanAssen, Jedidiah