Re: Bitcoin is going down like the Titanic & here are the memes

Interesting twitter thread.

Any move to a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) requires removal of crypto currencies. That is the Rubicon moment: if they kill the cryptos, CBDC comes next.

3 questions arise:
i) What justification would they use?
ii) How would they do it?
iii) What would be the time interval between killing crypto & CBDC?

The justification is, of course, urgent action on climate change: massive & instant carbon reduction from shutting down digital miners is a big win from COP26. They can also cite consumer protection benefits too!

The how is actually quite easy: they announce they're going to kill the cryptos & peeps will be able to claim limited compensation. Everybody sells, value collapses, compo amounts to, what, 5% of pre-announcement value, if that? Govts say, there you go, we said they were risky

As to timing, I think they'll use COP26 for the international agreement to shut down the cryptos. Govts set up parallel structures for the compo from the kill-date, probably 31 December

Finally, the clue to all this is in what they deny: Rishi has denied using Britcoin to replace cash. Not to replace nongovernmental currencies.

Jules 🌸
@j_preparedmind

Re: Bitcoin is going down like the Titanic & here are the memes

mlawson71 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:47 pm The price may be up, but the volumes are down. Crypto spot trading volumes have dropped with 31.5% in the past few months, largely because China banned the industry, more or less. :(
if volume down why is it not good??? :sad: :sad: :sad:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈