US Ponzi scheme operator arrested after spectacular underwater chase

FBI agents arrested Matthew Piercey, who has been accused of fraud for 35 million dollars, after an hour long James Bond-like chase.
Piercey is the man behind two investment companies called Zolla and Family Wealth Legacy. He was arrested in Sacramento on charges of wire fraud, witness tampering and money laundering for the above-mentioned enormous sum of money.
Apprehending him, however, was a process that could easily be an extended chase sequence in a spy movie. Initially the alleged scammer fled from the FBI agents who confronted him in his car, which led to a vehicular chase on the road. Suddenly, much to the surprise of everyone involved, I am sure, Piercey popped out of his truck by Lake Shashta and jumped into the water. He stayed underwater using a submersible device for 25 minutes. He was only arrested after he emerged from the freezing waters of the lake.
I wonder whether there’s any helicopter footage of that chase, I’d really love to see it.
It sure didn't work out like it does in the movies! :lmao:

Re: US Ponzi scheme operator arrested after spectacular underwater chase

mlawson71 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:07 am FBI agents arrested Matthew Piercey, who has been accused of fraud for 35 million dollars, after an hour long James Bond-like chase.
Piercey is the man behind two investment companies called Zolla and Family Wealth Legacy. He was arrested in Sacramento on charges of wire fraud, witness tampering and money laundering for the above-mentioned enormous sum of money.
Apprehending him, however, was a process that could easily be an extended chase sequence in a spy movie. Initially the alleged scammer fled from the FBI agents who confronted him in his car, which led to a vehicular chase on the road. Suddenly, much to the surprise of everyone involved, I am sure, Piercey popped out of his truck by Lake Shashta and jumped into the water. He stayed underwater using a submersible device for 25 minutes. He was only arrested after he emerged from the freezing waters of the lake.
I wonder whether there’s any helicopter footage of that chase, I’d really love to see it.
It sure didn't work out like it does in the movies! :lmao:
James Bond reloaded :Rofl: