Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Data error & effect on forex indicators

Hi Seniors,

I have a question related to market data that flows into charting platforms, what happens in case of a data error, how does this effect the behaviors of a technical indicator we use ? is there any corrective measure or do we have to wait until that error is completely passed and the indi is back to normal. ? let me explain this with an example.

Suppose i use daily TF to trade & i use 14 period RSI and a 20 period SMA as my tools, and if due to some technical issue there was no data for one full day today then i'm sure what the indi's show from tomorrow on wards would be wrong right ? so what do we do in such a case ? or how long do i need to wait for my indis to return back to normal. ?

Re: data error & effect on indi's

I read once about one brokers where the data stream was interrupted some ticks (connection was online) and the missing ticks were handed in a bit later. This can be cumbersome on M1. On D1 you should recognize anything. The indis work normal - they use the data they get. Thousands of retail traders use the data stream of MT4 5 days a week and over a decade and I read only once about a data error some years ago. Seems ok. Don't agonize over that.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
Jimmy

Re: data error & effect on indi's

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm I read once about one brokers where the data stream was interrupted some ticks (connection was online) and the missing ticks were handed in a bit later. This can be cumbersome on M1. On D1 you should recognize anything. The indis work normal - they use the data they get. Thousands of retail traders use the data stream of MT4 5 days a week and over a decade and I read only once about a data error some years ago. Seems ok. Don't agonize over that.
many thanks Krelian....