Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: M1 Scalping question PLEASE HELP

rijay wrote: Don't you think it is easy to make money following trend rather than doing scalping ?
Hmm, thanks to Ajiboyf I watched a YT-video of a naked S/R scalper today. Listen to the guy from 9:29 - 10:15 what he says. He stays on his trading-tf. Ok, I wonder what he does when the price comes in regions where it wasn't for 1 or more years. To zoom out on M15 won't help much. I like taking the S/R of two steps higher tf, since my scalping is a bit different. NTL, the idea is clear, no more tfs than essential for your scalping strategy.

[quote=Krelian99 post_id=1295377937 time=1534622327 user_id=4863607]

Hmm, thanks to Ajiboyf I watched a YT-video of a naked S/R scalper today. Listen to the guy from 9:29 - 10:15 what he says. He stays on his trading-tf. Ok, I wonder what he does when the price comes in regions where it wasn't for 1 or more years. To zoom out on M15 won't help much. I like taking the S/R of two steps higher tf, since my scalping is a bit different. NTL, the idea is clear, no more tfs than essential for your scalping strategy.
[/quotwhat wrong wrong Seeing only 2 or 3 time frame for analysis can be strategy of an individual and not of Mr.Market.

There are 100 more ways to be lazy.

Most easiest or laziest way anyone will tell you is not to use any indicator, saying that indicators are lagging.

Indicator throws leading signals on sequential time frame analysis, and by sequential I mean sequential .(there are many time frames beyond default time frames of mt4.)

TREND is small word for big gains.

earlier someone understand it and execute it, better it is. Many people do not understand it till their hair turns grey and keep wondering what wrong they are doing ?

Every one tries scalping without trend, sideways market trading, counter trend trading, in their early trading life, later to realize there r many other ways available to find adventure in life.

Hold on to your 2-3 time frame analysis, may God save you in turbulence, or else Mr.market has his own ways to teach lessons.

Not all sr are valid. Only those sr are real that reflects the levels where margin calls are going to get triggered.

Krelian99 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 am

There are easy ways available to see what is happening on higher timeframes without changing current time frame too.
Attachments

Ah, he also uses H4 from time to time. That makes sense.

Rijay, you think it's lazy to use a naked chart? I never said indicators are bad. The approach of beginners to apply random indis is bad, not the indi itself. Some indis like MAs lag (period > 1) and EMA, SMA or LWMA lag on purpose to use them as dynamic S/R. Other nrp indis don't lag like RSI or a fast MACD, SMI or whatever, but it's equal that the indi may lag, you want to see certain patterns and those don't lag. You see? Having a plan and enough experience, the disadvantage isn't a disadvantage but an advantage.

Strange, the most successful professional traders I know or followed on Zulu long time ago (2 guys, and they did it really really good) scalped. Oli (trades for 36 years now), one pro uses a set-and-forget setup with MP (VA-breakout in trend direction mostly with fix TP) and the other three trade anti-cyclically with an astounding precision. Oh, I also remind some other guys also trading retracements via Elliot Waves taking the structure into account so it's equal whether it is a trend wave or a trend wave. And of course AussieBeau, how could I forget him.

God doesn't need to save me in turbulence. I prefer what you call turbulence. The market doesn't move accidentally as it does, all moves are on purpose. When you have understood that you begin to read and know why there is a turbulence and can draw the right conclusions.

"Not all sr are valid. Only those sr are real that reflects the levels where margin calls are going to get triggered." ??? What?

Krelian99 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm Ah, he also uses H4 from time to time. That makes sense.

Rijay, you think it's lazy to use a naked chart? I never said indicators are bad. The approach of beginners to apply random indis is bad, not the indi itself. Some indis like MAs lag (period > 1) and EMA, SMA or LWMA lag on purpose to use them as dynamic S/R. Other nrp indis don't lag like RSI or a fast MACD, SMI or whatever, but it's equal that the indi may lag, you want to see certain patterns and those don't lag. You see? Having a plan and enough experience, the disadvantage isn't a disadvantage but an advantage.

Strange, the most successful professional traders I know or followed on Zulu long time ago (2 guys, and they did it really really good) scalped. Oli (trades for 36 years now), one pro uses a set-and-forget setup with MP (VA-breakout in trend direction mostly with fix TP) and the other three trade anti-cyclically with an astounding precision. Oh, I also remind some other guys also trading retracements via Elliot Waves taking the structure into account so it's equal whether it is a trend wave or a trend wave. And of course AussieBeau, how could I forget him.

God doesn't need to save me in turbulence. I prefer what you call turbulence. The market doesn't move accidentally as it does, all moves are on purpose. When you have understood that you begin to read and know why there is a turbulence and can draw the right conclusions.

"Not all sr are valid. Only those sr are real that reflects the levels where margin calls are going to get triggered." ??? What?
SEE THE IMAGE , that shows how market works, all happens in multiple timeframes,

if you analyse in multiple time frames no indicator is lagging, not even moving averages, it is that for particular timeframe you are seeing , changes starts on lower timeframes first, all indicators and moving averages for that matters starts turning on lower timeframes and will show leading signals,

it is when a tipping point is reached on this lower timeframes that is when big price action bar forms to turn ATR ranges upside down( that will also throw traders also upside down who are caught on wrong side !) and everything reverses.

so where is your question of lagging ? it is that you are not seeing changes happening on immediate lower time frames .

for example, if you are looking at hourly chart, then leading changes start appearing on 59 minutes,58 minutes, 57 minutes, 56 minutes, 55 minutes, 54 minutes, 53 minutes.....so on charts, everything starts leading from that LOWER time frame charts isn't it?

you do not see it like that so you have a feeling that everything is lagging , but that is not the case, only perception of individual lags actually and not MR. MARKET.

any way , if you can understand what i say then it is good

or else your trading style will take care of you and market turbulence.
Attachments

rijay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:09 pm There are easy ways available to see what is happening on higher timeframes without changing current time frame too.
Hmm, sure, it doesn't look bad, not more and not less. It depends on what you see. Everyone can look on the chart, but experienced traders see completely other things than a beginner. I hope you understand me. You see a turbulence, I see an opportunity. That leads me to the question: "What happens on higher tfs" you don't see on the current tf? I see on M5 what happens on M30, res versa it is much harder. Why don't you use a higher period for the ribbons instead of mtf mode? This is lazy and not very clever.
I can understand your point(s), even when you express it a bit weird, but you think 20m too short.

Just see this sentence (not the first of you that makes absolutely no sense): "if you analyse in multiple time frames no indicator is lagging, not even moving averages, it is that for particular timeframe you are seeing" ??? What? What makes you think that?

The thing is you mess everything up. Tfs higher and lower, PA and indicators, lagging and not lagging. You seem to be totally confused and you contradict yourself, what is no wonder.

Krelian99 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Hmm, sure, it doesn't look bad, not more and not less. It depends on what you see. Everyone can look on the chart, but experienced traders see completely other things than a beginner. I hope you understand me. You see a turbulence, I see an opportunity. That leads me to the question: "What happens on higher tfs" you don't see on the current tf? I see on M5 what happens on M30, res versa it is much harder. Why don't you use a higher period for the ribbons instead of mtf mode? This is lazy and not very clever.
I can understand your point(s), even when you express it a bit weird, but you think 20m too short.

Just see this sentence (not the first of you that makes absolutely no sense): "if you analyse in multiple time frames no indicator is lagging, not even moving averages, it is that for particular timeframe you are seeing" ??? What? What makes you think that?

The thing is you mess everything up. Tfs higher and lower, PA and indicators, lagging and not lagging. You seem to be totally confused and you contradict yourself, what is no wonder.
When you will start analyzing on all timeframe and multi timeframe mode you will understand the importance of not shifting to higher value on indicators, but better to shift to higher time frame itself.

I see turbulence as turbulence and opportunity as opportunity and not vice versa.

If it is confusing you. Then good luck to you.

rijay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:18 pm When you will start analyzing on all timeframe and multi timeframe mode you will understand the importance of not shifting to higher value on indicators, but better to shift to higher time frame itself.

I see turbulence as turbulence and opportunity as opportunity and not vice versa.

If it is confusing you. Then good luck to you.
Interesting that you don't even think about it why a turbulence could be an opportunity. You see one and run away. Ok, so far. Pros see one and run to it. The question is: Who is more clever? Highly successful traders for many years or you? Hmm, for me, it's a no-brainer.
More, I see your analyzing in that way as a waste of time. You will maybe understand it one day, others already did.
You should read correctly. You seem to be confused when you mess up everything and contradict yourself all the time, not me. I can understand you since I was a beginner one time as well. My trading isn't based on luck, yours is but you don't know it yet.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
vvFish

Krelian99 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm Ah, he also uses H4 from time to time. That makes sense.

this is the easiest way to identify real sr levels, if you can understand it!
is by projecting the levels from point of price reversals to those levels at which margin calls are going to get triggered if prices reaches that levels,
that is where pull backs hoults to decide further how many traders are willing to get stuck at margin call levels and how much strength that sr level has , isn't it?
those who trade live knows the importance of margin calls trigger levels for prices to react, these are high impact sr zones, where weak hands goes out and strong hands comes back in again.