Re: ESMA CFD limit/ cap & Binaries Ban

Apparently not that long.

The new restriction will officially come into take effect from 1st August 2018, aka in two months. The measures include a leverage cap of 1:30, as well as provision of negative balance protection on a per account basis, among others.

Additionally, ESMA also introduces a ban on binary options trading as of July 2, 2018. The new regulations have already been published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) and will remain in force for three months from the date of application.

bonifaas_abe wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 pm Thanks a lot mlawson71 !
“…will remain in force for three months from the date of application…” – what is the exact meaning of that?!
As per the MiFIR, ESMA can only introduce temporary three-month measures, but before the period expires, the regulator will review the results and will consider a further extension for another three months. I.e. the ban can become permanent even though they'd be issuing it about every three months.

So if I want to stay positive , I will be thinking that in three months , ESMA might take the decision to renounce and to drop off those measures, right?