FOREX-STATION and the Road Ahead...

As you know Forex-station has the best coders worthy of any forex trading forum to date, but is it enough?
MetaTrader announced that this would be the last update (build 1090) to MT4, a trading platform favoured by everyone here but outdated and left for dead in favour of the broker with its so called successor MT5.

Will Forex-Station offer a free conversion of your current MT4 indicators, experts and scripts to MT5 and will it be enough?
MT5 is not exactly the be all and end all of Forex platforms.

Does Forex-Station need to think outside of the box and review and inform their user base of other platforms that are available and possibly way better than MT5 and have a better future in Forex trading, especially when it comes to bringing out the best in their coders elite..

This forum, like any other entity has to grow in order to stay alive and benefit it's user base. Is MT5 the answer and right path to take or should we be looking at other C# platforms or Java platforms using NJ4X TS under the Linux/WINE environments (covers Windows, MAC, Linux) or LMAX leading to jforex (similar to that of Duksacopy).

We all know that if Forex-Station reviews it, codes it and converts it then we as a user base will no doubt follow it, but lets not leave it till the last minute folks.
Just my two cents.... if you do not plant the seed how in the hell is it expected to grow.
All the best
Xard777

PS In my defence I have had too much Glayva tonight
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 2):
newbie4ever, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Re: FOREX-STATION and the Road Ahead...

There is much to say but in short,only end users are the worth to/for any platform,broker and to all whom belonging and concerns to live trading of all and every sorts and if we see majority of users are involved with MT4 the reason is clear without doubts,mt4 stuff (indicators,scripts,EAs) don't know policy makers and decision forcing authorities from Metaquotes are going to kill themselves or end users
along with i guess it is just a verbal threat as they did fewer times in past,of course they would not like to loose their users and monopoly
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Metaquotes are trying to push all MT4 brokers to buy licenses also for MT5, but this will be a very long process. For each MT4 server license brokers are paying monthly fee for maintenance (it is very rarely one broker to have just one server license, even many have bought between 15 and 40). This is a lot of money and MT4 will continue to server very well many years more with build 1900 :)

Some remarks from me :

- the forum will post as it did in the past mt5 code too
- the forum will post as it did in the past tradestation, ninjatrader and other trading platforms code too
- the forum will not turn into "free code conversion service" from mt4 to other platforms

The reasons for the last statement :
- that would be a job that MQ should do, not some forum (any forum except the forum owned by mq)
- that would lead to what is already happening : mq5 code being renamed and sold on the market as "converted"
- some of the "requests" are so specific that it is 101% clear that someone has been payed for what is requested to be converted at this public forum - sorry guys : if you want to be payed for coding, the first step to do is usually to learn the coding part of the job
We are going to continue doing the things as we did in the past and as we do it now. There will be no adjustment just because the trading platform developer is successfully killing its own forum too (take a look at mql5 forum - that would be the definition of the above) or there is a wide spread "no source code posting" (some forums - very, very big forums - did not have a a single peace of a new mq4 code posted - mq5 code at those forums can be found only if I posted it there - for years and they still are talking about coding sections)

If some other trading platform becomes significant enough to be supported it will be. This forum is not mt forum (as TSD became when it was bought by mq) and that is the future of this forum : forum where code (source code and new stuff) will be posted for traders, from traders and by the traders
No idea and as far as I see they don't know it either. But that is not our concern and it never will be our concern. Our concern is to have a place where we can be without being arm twisted to do something that we do not want to. That is all
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 5):
Antonio, W35, newbie4ever, Jedidiah, pipsquirrel

FrancoisT wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 pm Metaquotes are trying to push all MT4 brokers to buy licenses also for MT5, but this will be a very long process. For each MT4 server license brokers are paying monthly fee for maintenance (it is very rarely one broker to have just one server license, even many have bought between 15 and 40). This is a lot of money and MT4 will continue to server very well many years more with build 1900 :)
Would be interesting to know which these 40 month to go brokers are. They surely experience a run on there demo accounts later :D

xard777 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:19 am As you know Forex-station has the best coders worthy of any forex trading forum to date, but is it enough?
MetaTrader announced that this would be the last update (build 1090) to MT4, a trading platform favoured by everyone here but outdated and left for dead in favour of the broker with its so called successor MT5.

Xard777
lol, and that was 4 years ago... I think Metaquotes are still considering the amount of cashelas they are earning on MT4 market products compared to MT5