Re: EUR/USD

My biggest trading flaw is that I wait too long before I open a position. I watched it rally forever until I gathered the courage to open a long and look at it now. :facepalm: I hope it reaches 1.1200 at least again.

mlawson71 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:19 am My biggest trading flaw is that I wait too long before I open a position. I watched it rally forever until I gathered the courage to open a long and look at it now. :facepalm: I hope it reaches 1.1200 at least again.
I used to be with this problem too. As Mark Douglas explain on his DVDs . consider the trading as a series of positions not a single one. So two thing you have a money management and your expectation based on a series of positions. this way when you have a signal youll never hesitate.

mlawson71 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:19 am My biggest trading flaw is that I wait too long before I open a position. I watched it rally forever until I gathered the courage to open a long and look at it now. :facepalm: I hope it reaches 1.1200 at least again.
I know this all too well! I use to do this too man.
Yep, it should hit 1.1200 next week you'll be able to close at break even bro including swap and spread but man EURUSD is in a hell of a downtrend so we need to focus on shorting the shit out of this pair.

Hang in there brother, I know it sucks but you'll be okay :!:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 am

Yep, it should hit 1.1200 next week you'll be able to close at break even bro including swap and spread but man EURUSD is in a hell of a downtrend so we need to focus on shorting the shit out of this pair.

and usdindex to outperform from here onwards it needs to take out this two big trendlines, looks daunting task for usdindex after todays reaction to NFP.
Attachments
These users thanked the author rijay for the post (total 3):
navid110, ChuChu Rocket, Jimmy

Jimmy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 am

I managed to close it at 1.1195.
Thanks for the encouragement and the kind words, Jimmy, that really helps! :!:

EURUSD: Struggling to overcome resistance

EUR/USD: Struggling to overcome resistance - Commerzbank

According to Karen Jones, analyst at Commerzbank, EUR/USD pair is struggling to overcome resistance and remains capped by 55 day ma at 1.1265.

Key Quotes

“For now, we are unable to rule out a retest of the 1.1110 support, but, if seen, we look for this to hold. Be advised that the pattern being traced out is a potential large reversal pattern.”

“We have divergence of the weekly RSI and a 13 count on the weekly chart as well and hence there is a risk of bullish reversal. Initial resistance is the 100 day ma at 1.1322 and the resistance line at 1.1344 ahead of the 200 day ma at 1.1404. Only above the 200 day ma would this imply a bullish reversal.”

“Support at 1.1110 is regarded as the break down point to 2018-2019 support line (connects the lows) at 1.1052, the 1.0963 TD support and the 1.0814/78.6% retracement.”

Sources: https://forex-station.com (Chart) & https://www.fxstreet.com/news/eur-usd-s ... 1905090541 (Article)
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: EURUSD: Struggling to overcome resistance

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:51 pm EUR/USD: Struggling to overcome resistance - Commerzbank

EURUSD-support-resistance-lines-for-may-9-2019.png

According to Karen Jones, analyst at Commerzbank, EUR/USD pair is struggling to overcome resistance and remains capped by 55 day ma at 1.1265.

Key Quotes

“For now, we are unable to rule out a retest of the 1.1110 support, but, if seen, we look for this to hold. Be advised that the pattern being traced out is a potential large reversal pattern.”

“We have divergence of the weekly RSI and a 13 count on the weekly chart as well and hence there is a risk of bullish reversal. Initial resistance is the 100 day ma at 1.1322 and the resistance line at 1.1344 ahead of the 200 day ma at 1.1404. Only above the 200 day ma would this imply a bullish reversal.”

“Support at 1.1110 is regarded as the break down point to 2018-2019 support line (connects the lows) at 1.1052, the 1.0963 TD support and the 1.0814/78.6% retracement.”

Sources: https://forex-station.com (Chart) & https://www.fxstreet.com/news/eur-usd-s ... 1905090541 (Article)

Mr.Trump has done the trick and all focus is shifted on stock markets, from forex, where most activity is going on.

it is better to brace for big correction in S&P 500 tonight, as all stars are aligning technically for big fall. prices are to confirm it by strong price bar.
Attachments

EURUSD: Balance of risks still favour 1.10

EUR/USD: Balance of risks still favour 1.10 in 2Q19 – ING

According to analysts at ING, there seems to be a little reason to change the near term view that EUR/USD pair stays offered this summer and will test the 1.10, barring a temporary squeeze of short EUR positions.

Key Quotes

“US-China trade tension is unresolved and there is a still a risk that later this month President Trump opts for tariffs on auto imports.”

“Admittedly there are a few green shoots in terms of European growth, but probably not enough to lift Euro area interest rates off the floor. The TLTRO III to be announced by the ECB in June should also cement the view that EUR rates stay lower for longer.”

“A good showing from Salvini’s League in European elections end month also raises the risk of new Italian elections later this year.”

Sources: https://forex-station.com (Chart) & https://www.fxstreet.com/news/eur-usd-b ... 1905130945 (Article)
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
navid110

EURUSD flirting with daily lows

EUR/USD flirting with daily lows, bulls struggling to defend 1.1200 handle

• Concerns over Italy's debt situation keep a lid on any the early uptick to 1.1225 area.
  • A modest bounce in the US bond yields underpin the USD and add to the selling bias.

The EUR/USD pair struggled to capitalize on its early uptick and momentarily slipped below the 1.1200 handle in the last hour to refresh session lows.

The optimism over US car tariff delay turned out to be short-lived and the pair failed to build on the overnight goodish bounce, rather now seemed to be facing some stiff resistance near the 1.1225 region amid concerns over Italy's debt situation.

It is worth reporting that Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini had said that the government is ready to break the EU's ceiling of 3% debt-to-GDP ratio, which triggered a sharp decline in Italian bond yields and have been affecting negatively on the common currency.

As Yohay Elam, FXStreet's own Analyst explains: “The common currency is also suffering from its issues. Italian interior minister Matteo Salvini, which is the de-facto PM, refused to raise the VAT, a measure agreed with the European Commission.”

He further added, “investors are selling off Italian bonds and running to the safety of German ones. The spread between the yields has reached its highest in three months, and the negative German 10-year yield is also wreaking havoc on the euro.”

Meanwhile, a sudden change in the risk sentiment helped the US Treasury bond yields to witness a sharp intraday bounce, which eventually provided a minor lift to the US Dollar and further collaborated to the pair's latest leg of the slide over the past few hours.

Moving ahead, Thursday US economic docket features some second-tier releases - housing market data, the usual initial weekly jobless claims and Philly Fed Manufacturing Index, which might be looked upon to grab some short-term trading opportunities.

Sources: https://forex-station.com (Chart) & https://www.fxstreet.com/news/eur-usd-f ... 1905161207 (Article)