Will The Bitcoin ETF Proposal Go Through Or Will It Be Trashed?
As the SEC decision nears, speculation is rife whether the Winklevoss twins’ Bitcoin ETF will see the light of the day?
As March 11 is a Saturday, the decision can get delayed until Monday, March 13.
The strong public opinion and views of the independent consultants regarding the ETF will also play a key role in the SEC decision.
KCG Holdings and Susquehanna International are two such outside advisors whom the SEC met recently.In some surveys, 72% of the participants believe that the ETF will be approved, whereas the remaining 28% have their reservations.
Philip C Chronakis, Attorney, Adjunct Professor of Law, who is a supporter of the ETF says :
“Denial of the proposed rule will not stop Bitcoins progress, but approval of the proposed rule and the underlying COIN ETF, will put the SEC in the ideal position to oversee Bitcoins development as an investment asset – and provide fair, broad-based investment opportunities for not only the connected (or technologically savvy) few, but to all Americans who deserve the same chance to benefit from this technological breakthrough and financial opportunity,” reports Coinspeaker.