Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: M1 Scalping question PLEASE HELP

rijay wrote: you will have answers to all your questions here babypips.com
IF you want to learn, every day is learning day for trader of any caliber !
I'm asking you. It seems you don't know what scalping is, do you?
Please give me or (you like the we-form) us instruments where you would trade on M1 with your Y1-down-M1-style. I can't imagine that this is written on babypips.com. Would you be so kind to show me, please - I'd like to learn so much.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
micmac2

Re: M1 Scalping question PLEASE HELP.

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 pm

I'm asking you. It seems you don't know what scalping is, do you?
Please give me or (you like the we-form) us instruments where you would trade on M1 with your Y1-down-M1-style. I can't imagine that this is written on babypips.com. Would you be so kind to show me, please - I'd like to learn so much.
it is better idea to know and learn scalping for those who want rapid shove towards locking down their accounts, it looks simmering that you are F-A-S-T trader, so i like not to refrain you from locking down account with scalping but things can change quickly too.

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Do you know what scalping is? Do you know how to follow a trend? Do you ever have taken a look on a Y1 chart? Can you say me what you see there?
what you can not see on lower time frame , is easy to see on higher timeframes like weekly, monthly, and yearly frames , like where are sr levels and where retracements of prices will end. prices on lower timeframes haults when it hits sr levels on higher time frames.

for example, USD INDEX has been strengthening after erasing all its losses for year 2018 and has pierced well in 2017 yearly candle, showing more strength,
it is just haulting and consolidating just because it has hit resistance near crucial 50% fibbo retracement level of its entire fall of years 2002 to 2008.

usd is bouncing after taking support at 200 ema and from 38.2% retracement.

usd is just pausing and consolidating at current levels, it is just catching counter trend EURO long traders , and USD will again gain strength and all EUR long traders will be squeezed to loose money.

in any case US economy is strengthening and fed is in tightening mode to support USD.

is your lower time frame still very effective ? does that show everything and you do not need Y1 ?
Attachments

rijay wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 am what you can not see on lower time frame , is easy to see on higher timeframes like weekly, monthly, and yearly frames , like where are sr levels and where retracements of prices will end. prices on lower timeframes haults when it hits sr levels on higher time frames.

for example, USD INDEX has been strengthening after erasing all its losses for year 2018 and has pierced well in 2017 yearly candle, showing more strength,
it is just haulting and consolidating just because it has hit resistance near crucial 50% fibbo retracement level of its entire fall of years 2002 to 2008.

usd is bouncing after taking support at 200 ema and from 38.2% retracement.

usd is just pausing and consolidating at current levels, it is just catching counter trend EURO long traders , and USD will again gain strength and all EUR long traders will be squeezed to loose money.

in any case US economy is strengthening and fed is in tightening mode to support USD.

is your lower time frame still very effective ? does that show everything and you do not need Y1 ?
For scalping you only need your trading-tf since S/R are on all tfs. It's a bit easier to use a lower and a bigger tf as well, but not necessary. I like S/R on M30 and sometimes H4, but H4 is already much to high for M5. I don't care what is the trend on H4, since in that time so much can happen on M5 meanwhile. My positions are opened from 5 to 70 minutes (1-14 M5 candles), a H4 candle has 240 minutes (48 M5 candles).

Trends are also on all tfs and sometime you have to start. Trend following and scalping is like day and night. I guess, a trend follower will never understand a scalper.

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:03 am

For scalping you only need your trading-tf since S/R are on all tfs. It's a bit easier to use a lower and a bigger tf as well, but not necessary. I like S/R on M30 and sometimes H4, but H4 is already much to high for M5. I don't care what is the trend on H4, since in that time so much can happen on M5 meanwhile. My positions are opened from 5 to 70 minutes (1-14 M5 candles), a H4 candle has 240 minutes (48 M5 candles).

Trends are also on all tfs and sometime you have to start. Trend following and scalping is like day and night. I guess, a trend follower will never understand a scalper.
Don't you think it is easy to make money following trend rather than doing scalping ?

rijay wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 am Don't you think it is easy to make money following trend rather than doing scalping ?
In my eyes is swing trading the easiest trading style. It combines advantages from both worlds and you can still develop yourself in one of both directions. I would recommend that style to begin with. There are many scalping styles and it is more difficult than trend following. Also set-and-forget-setups are possible. But when you understand that R:R and MoneyManagement is the real key to success, I guess, scalping is the way to make more money. Trading is simple and boring, but not easy.

What style you prefer depends on your personality (trend-friends often have to sleep with overnight-positions and must write a trading-diary), time horizon (trends are better to trade on H4 and D1), and the understanding of the market (trend-follower need the less market understanding). Trading is no challenge who wins more. When someone makes 10% a week and another one 10% a month and it works for both it's fine.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
vvFish