IdeaSeeking Feedback: Simplifying Morning Market Updates for Forex Traders!

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to share our startup idea with you all and would greatly appreciate your feedback!

Problem Identified:
In the world of retail forex trading, staying on top of market sentiments, financial events, and inter-market indexes is crucial for making informed trading decisions. However, we've observed that traders often spend valuable time scanning multiple traditional media websites and checking various indexes individually daily, sometimes missing critical information in the process.

Our Solution:
We're developing a streamlined news tool tailored for retail forex traders. Imagine waking up every weekday morning to a concise, one-page summary that includes:
- Top financial news highlights from overnight across various media
- Upcoming events on the economic calendar
- Market sentiment analysis
- Inter-market indexes tracking (Stocks, Futures, Bonds and/or Commodities)
- Source links for more details if interested

This summary will provide traders with a comprehensive overview of the market before they even start their day, helping them make smarter trading decisions efficiently.

Questions for You:
1. One-Page Summary: Do you think a succinct one-page summary would be helpful for your daily trading routine?
2. Preferred Information: What specific types of information would you find most valuable in such a summary?
3. Current Approach: How do you currently catch up on the market quickly in the morning?
4. Preferred Format: Would you prefer receiving this information via newsletter, app notifications, a dedicated website, or something else?
5. Pricing: If you were to consider paying for this service, what price point do you think would be reasonable?

Your insights and opinions would be incredibly valuable to us as we refine our product to better serve the needs of forex traders. Thank you in advance for your time and input!

Re: Seeking Feedback: Simplifying Morning Market Updates for Forex Traders!

kids2400 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

Questions for You:
1. One-Page Summary: Do you think a succinct one-page summary would be helpful for your daily trading routine?
2. Preferred Information: What specific types of information would you find most valuable in such a summary?
3. Current Approach: How do you currently catch up on the market quickly in the morning?
4. Preferred Format: Would you prefer receiving this information via newsletter, app notifications, a dedicated website, or something else?
5. Pricing: If you were to consider paying for this service, what price point do you think would be reasonable?

Preferences would be a view of different markets long and short-term trends, levels to look out for and up-coming scheduled events.
Format preference would be via social media, especially Twitter (X), maybe via a subscription service on Twitter though not sure, or about pricing. I currently enjoy doing my own research in the hour before market open by scanning Twitter accounts I'm following.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
charli

Hi Ogee, thanks for your sharing, it is insightful! As you mentioned, it is important to learn the market trend in both long term and short term and identify the current trend is always crucial for sure! Also, ensure to follow the upcoming economic events (like Fed interest rate announcement today...) so that we could make informed decisions. That is indeed helpful!

Quick question, may you share how long do you spend to catch up these market news/events every morning? and For X/Twitter, which analyst would you recommend to learn the latest market status from? Thank you!

kids2400 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:42 am Hi Ogee, thanks for your sharing, it is insightful! As you mentioned, it is important to learn the market trend in both long term and short term and identify the current trend is always crucial for sure! Also, ensure to follow the upcoming economic events (like Fed interest rate announcement today...) so that we could make informed decisions. That is indeed helpful!

Quick question, may you share how long do you spend to catch up these market news/events every morning? and For X/Twitter, which analyst would you recommend to learn the latest market status from? Thank you!
I spend about an hour pre-market looking at a range of different markets though I really only trade the DAX but they're all interconnected. I look to Twitter and see what are the current hot topics, I follow about a 100 accounts (covering a wide range of finance topics).

A sample of accounts I follow;

@FXSanalysis
@LeapRate
@financemagnates
@FOREXcom
@MoneyWeek
@TopForexNewsCom
@FXstreetUpdate
@DailyFXTeam
@JohnKicklighter
@marketmodel
@NialFuller