Alexander Elder is a professional trader, expert consultant and one of the world's leading authorities in the field of exchange trading, technical analysis, the psychology of stock exchange and finance. His book "Trading for a Living", released in 1993 and translated into 12 languages, has become an international bestseller and has withstood several publications. The book received great recognition in professional delirium. He lives in New York.
He was born in the USSR, in Leningrad. He grew up in Estonia. At the age of 16 he entered the medical faculty of the University in Tartu and at the age of 22 completed it. After graduating from university, he got a job as a ship's doctor for a merchant ship in Tallinn. In 1974, while boarding a ship in Abidjan (the largest city in the Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa), he sought political asylum at the local US embassy, from where he was then taken directly to the United States.
After an internship in university clinics in New York, he studied at the New York Psychoanalytic Institute and worked as editor of the department of the newspaper on psychiatry. Then he opened a private psychiatric practice in New York.
In the late 1970's. A. Elder became interested in exchange transactions and began investing in shares and options. He founded the company Financial Trading Seminars, Inc. (New York) and became its director. The company's profile is the training of specialists in the field of exchange trading. A.Elder conducts consultations, trainings and seminars in the field of trading in the USA, countries of Asia, Australia, Europe and Russia.
Alexander Elder on his way: "My path to exchange success was a long one: then dizzying ups, then painful falls. Moving forward or looping, I repeatedly stuffed myself with cones and ruined my exchange account. After each failure I returned to work in the clinic, saved money, read, pondered, refined the technique, and then again started to play. "
Professionals highly praise his publications, and according to the comments of the newcomers, Elder's advice works very effectively. Books are pleasant to read, because they are set out in an easy, accessible language. In addition, the famous trader created his own website for learning to trade in English.There even put up his mailbox. Thus, anyone can personally meet and communicate with the master.
• Alexander Elder. «Rubles to Dollars: Making Money on Russia’s Exploding Financial Frontier». Published by Prentice Hall, 1998. ISBN 978-0-7352-0062-3
• Alexander Elder. «Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1993. ISBN 978-0-471-59224-2.
• Alexander Elder. «Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management, Study Guide». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1993. ISBN 978-0-471-59225-9.
• Alexander Elder. «Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2002. ISBN 978-0-471-22540-9.
• Alexander Elder. «Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading, Study Guide». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2002. ISBN 978-0-471-22534-8.
• Alexander Elder. «Entries & Exits: Visits to 16 Trading Rooms». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2006. ISBN 978-0-471-67805-2.
• Alexander Elder. «Entries and Exits: Visits to Sixteen Trading Rooms, Study Guide». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2006. ISBN 978-0-471-65982-2.
• Alexander Elder. «Sell and Sell Short». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2008. ISBN 978-0-470-18167-6.
• Alexander Elder. «Study Guide for Sell and Sell Short». Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2008. ISBN 978-0-470-20047-6.
• Alexander Elder. «The New Sell and Sell Short: How To Take Profits, Cut Losses, and Benefit From Price Declines», 2nd Edition. Published by John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2011. ISBN 978-0-470-63239-0.